Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Calibre Server

I know this has come up bfore in the forum, but I have a different angle, hoping someone can help answer...

- I have my Calibre books / location on my NAS (mapped as a X: drive). Since I have read/write access, I cna successfully connect with Calibre on my laptop and everything works.

Ideally, I could have another laptop with read-only access be able to connect to the library, but it seems, for some reason, that you need write access.

What I would like to do is use the Calibre server in order to serve up book s(not interested in the news stuff, or anything else). ReadyNAS doesn't support Python 2.6.x, so I am wondering if there's a workaround...
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote