Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Question about Audible

I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, hopefully it can be moved if in the wrong place

I am looking into getting audible but I am confused how some of it works, been look on their site but it's not clear

currently it's £3.99 for 3 months, this gets 1 credit which I can use against any book, most books are showing 'click here to find out how to get this for £3.99'
this I understand, I get 1 book free per month

now my confusion, there are some books listed as free, clicking on how do i get this, it says subscribe and 1 credit = 1 book (seems the same as the paid books)

If I see a book that is free, is it free, or does it use a credit?
Per month can I get 1 paid book and as many free ones as i want?

books I was looking at for this are Agatha Christie ones on Audible.co.uk
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
I browsed the Agatha Christie books on audible.com, and for members they all cost 1 credit (or $6-$12). Sometimes a new membership offer deal comes with a free credit - perhaps that is why it says free.
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Some times for free book on Audible, there is check box on the order screen that says "Use credit."
Occasionally, and I think it depends on the nature of the particular book sale, that box will be CHECKED, and the price will show the regular list price.
Make sure that box is UNCHECKED, and confirm that when you uncheck it, the price reflects 0.00.

But to answer your question, it generally works as intended. You get just about any audio book for one credit, and you do not need to use up a credit on any free book, so a lot of us save the credits for the expensive books and pay money for the occasional $1.99 special.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
sounds good, thanks for replies, this is the list i was looking at (if the link works properly), they are either free or £3.99

http://www.audible.co.uk/search/ref=...nkSelect=price
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If you sign up via audible.com/twit2 you can get 2 free audio books. I‘m not sure it works for the UK but you may want to try anyway.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I searched Agatha Christie on my account. On the first page of results, there is an autobiography and a podcast that is free, the rest are 1-credit or a purchase price.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote