Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #31
sydneycat1999
sydneycat1999 began at the beginning.

Device: Notebook & HP iPAQ 212, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, Kobo Glo
In my case I registered with BoB. Do you think their books are inclusive of sales tax? I don't mind if the prices are inclusive sales tax. I'm more worried if it's excluded and I'll be required to pay or declare the sales tax afterwards instead. Hopefully someone could clarify this for me.
My registered county address is California. I know I should have researched a bit more. Somehow I couldn't change the address to Montana or to other exempt sales tax free state. I know I'm pushing my luck but I nearly went into a shopping binge, frenzily clicking all the titles which are unavailable to my other "region" but was able to stop myself. So, right now the only purchases I've made so far with the gift card are those two books. But my wishlist is long
sydneycat1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #32
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneycat1999 View Post
In my case I registered with BoB. Do you think their books are inclusive of sales tax? I don't mind if the prices are inclusive sales tax. I'm more worried if it's excluded and I'll be required to pay or declare the sales tax afterwards instead. Hopefully someone could clarify this for me.
My registered county address is California. I know I should have researched a bit more. Somehow I couldn't change the address to Montana or to other exempt sales tax free state. I know I'm pushing my luck but I nearly went into a shopping binge, frenzily clicking all the titles which are unavailable to my other "region" but was able to stop myself. So, right now the only purchases I've made so far with the gift card are those two books. But my wishlist is long
BoB doesn't charge sales tax unless you reside in Texas (where they are located). I've bought books from them for years (4 to be exact) and have never paid any sales tax. I am assuming you are not located in the US... If so., how could they collect you after the fact?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #33
sydneycat1999
sydneycat1999 began at the beginning.

Device: Notebook & HP iPAQ 212, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, Kobo Glo
Thanks Chantal. It's just I've read somewhere that they are implementing sales tax on internet purchases and it includes e-books.
sydneycat1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #34
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Thank you, foghat. I'll give that a shot as well then. I always thought that the address needed to match the credit card billing address.
So you are essentially only changing the country settings of your kindle account in "Manage your Kindle" back and forth, correct?

What I did in the past, was deregister my device and register it on my sister's German account when I wanted a French book (that's before they introduced georestrictions within the borders of the EU) then doing the same thing over again. The thing is that this way, your books end up in an archive folder - all of them, so it's not optimal. Also, registing and deregistering is a hassle, and now, I would not even be able to do this any more, because a German account won't let me shop on amazon.fr.
I have my credit card tied to my real cdn address. Then, yes, I just change to my US address via manage your kindle screen.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #35
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Thanks!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert