Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
abooch
abooch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can I use my droid as a SD card reader to root?

Is it possible to do that because I don't have a microSD card reader...
abooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
I did not review this myself, but there was a method (older) posted here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=889001

that you can look over and see if it applies.

I would really encourage you to purchase an SD card reader - it's a drop in the bucket for the amount of headaches that it would likely prevent. I'll also note that I made sure that any micro-SD card that I purchased comes with a full size SDcard adapter that the micro slides into for use in a standard SD card slot.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Someone else recently tried to use their Droid phone....didn't work out well....seemed to be more trouble than it was worth....
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...er#post1347249

I picked up a reader at Walmart for about 10 bucks.....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote