Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
gdiamond1989
gdiamond1989 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Rooted
Rooted Nook Color Wireless Connection Problems

Hello All,

After pondering it for a while I finally made the jump yesterday and went ahead and rooted my Nook Color and it is AWESOME. I'm having a problem with the device though that I think is unrelated to the root. Wireless for the device has been working fine since I got it on Christmas, AND I'm running 1.0.1 (got the update before doing root.) Last night though my NC started being unable to connect to wireless. It will try but will get stuck on "Obtaining IP address" and then after a while of trying that will say that the connection was unsuccessful.

I haven't been able to find much about this in forums around the web. Seems like a lot of people have had to change what kind of authentication they're running (for the record I've been secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK), but I don't know how to do that AND I don't understand why I'd have to do that after the wireless has been working for so long.

Any ideas?! So upset that I can't get this going, I've fixed other root related things and had been feeling pretty tech savvy until now.
gdiamond1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Have you tried "forgetting" the network? Tap on the wireless network it's connected to. Then select "Forget".
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
gdiamond1989

I've tried that a couple times, no luck. I'll forget it and then it will detect it again and I'll go through the authentication process by typing in the network key and same thing happens. I'm stumped on this one...for more information I'm running a router from AT&T, and have access to my IP address, mac number, system password and wireless password.

Seriously this is just a random weird problem...happened for seemingly no reason. I'm going to try and connect to some other networks today to see if it's just my home network struggling (although my computer is connected just fine)

Any other ideas folks?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good idea to check other network connectivity. You'll be able to determine if this is just an isolated case. Even though you said your computer is connected fine, did you try rebooting the router?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

Also, try rebooting the NOOKcolor if you haven't done so already.
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
gdiamond1989

Wow just when I thought I had covered all the "simple solutions"

Resetting the router fixes the problem! I am an idiot and you Scion are a bastion of common sense

Now I can get back to exploring more fun things to do with the newly rooted device...

Quick question for you that probably belongs on another thread but maybe I get lucky and get an answer here. What launcher do you use for your NC? I'm new to the Android world so my homescreen is ugly right now haha. And have you been able to get all live wallpapers working?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdiamond1989 View Post
Resetting the router fixes the problem
FYI.........I have similar issues.........,sometimes after my NC sleeps, I lose conection, same as you describe..........like this morning for example, I could not connect.........reseting the router is usually the only way I can get it connected

I'm getting tired of it, I read in some thread I could grab an app to config my wireless manually, but need to go back and find it.........
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdiamond1989 View Post
Quick question for you that probably belongs on another thread but maybe I get lucky and get an answer here. What launcher do you use for your NC? I'm new to the Android world so my homescreen is ugly right now haha. And have you been able to get all live wallpapers working?
Come join us over here for those answers:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231

Everyone is trying to keep the forum nicely organized going forward.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread Moved to new location.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

In answer to your question about launchers:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=106

People are using living wallpapers with no problems.

Tags
ip address, nook color, rooted, wireless