Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
edercito
edercito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 Wifi
Kindle 3 Freezing related to Indexing?

My kindle 3 Wifi has frozen a few times now. This problem seems to appear just after I've loaded a new book. I guess it's related to indexing. I restart the device, but it takes a few minutes to actually restart back to the home screen: It stays in a loop where the progress bar after the restart fills to 100 %, but then starts from 0 again.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Eder
edercito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
You using 3.0 or 3.0.1?
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by edercito View Post
My kindle 3 Wifi has frozen a few times now. This problem seems to appear just after I've loaded a new book. I guess it's related to indexing. I restart the device, but it takes a few minutes to actually restart back to the home screen: It stays in a loop where the progress bar after the restart fills to 100 %, but then starts from 0 again.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Eder
Yes, I think it was related to indexing. Before the software-update to 3.0.1. the Kindle took a few hours to recover, after downloading 300 book in one go. I couldn't do anything till indexing had finished; it freezed every time.
After the update it was slightly better; took about one hour after loading 3/400 books; unstable and freezed.
Indexing asked a lot of the batterylife, so just as to be sure, I plugged it in to load for an hour or so. I was able to read again when I could see ( disappearance of a slight whirling round thing on the left upper side) indexing(?) was finished. But perhaps the whirling refers to something else; please correct me.
But the good news: after resetting a few times, it worked fine again.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
edercito
edercito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 Wifi
Ahh,
updated to 3.01 and loaded a few books today. The Kindle did not freeze so far. I hope that solved the problem.
edercito is offline   Reply With Quote