Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
Sam_0
Sam_0 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where to buy a Glo?

Am looking to get one of these readers, but not sure where to look. After checking out Kobo's site, they have a few places listed, but none of them have them in stock.

Does anyone know where to order one from in the US? I'm not a fan of eBay, so would prefer for it to be from outside of there.

Thanks
Sam_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Hi Sam_0,

Kobo now has a partnership with independent bookstores in the US. From other comments around here I think they're your best bet to find a Glo in the States.

This link should help you find a store in your area.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Sam_0

Thank you, one of those places nearby has them in stock.. Picking one up tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Sam_0

Was able to get one, after seeing it in person, I'm not sure how the Kindle and Nook hardware could even be considered a valid competitor. These kobo's are great little devices
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
When, if ever will Best Buy. Office Depot, Target, etc. be getting the Kobo Glo and Mini. They are listed in their cataglog as "coming soon". The Indie list posted above is really spottie. I was fortunate, my small town in Florida had one of the "Indie stores", but most towns and cities are not listed. Other states even worse. Alot of folks are missing out on a great reader because of lack of availability.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Wow, actually found an Indie store that is close to where I work. I never knew.

I phoned yesterday, and they said they hadn't received their Kobos yet!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
No indies in my city or even near. All I can do is wait for Best Buy or some place similar to get them in stock. I have given up all hope of getting it for Christmas.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 AM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Maybe all the stores will get the new devices just in time for the after Christmas sales.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
I got mine two days ago. Bought it on Amazon for $145. (A moderate markup, but I have loads of Amazon credits, so not a big deal for me.)
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote