Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 11-04-2003, 03:12 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Exclamation Status Quo

Since having lifted the forum restrictions, the number of postings has dropped massively - more than I anticipated.

For once again, I am asking you to help me improve the situation. At this moment I am pretty much all ears for any good suggestion.

Common people, consider this your change Unlike it is the case in other established communities (such as cliesource, brighthand, ...), the comparably small size of this forum makes it easy for us to customize towards your wants. Haven't you been missing something in other forums, which could be use useful here, not only to you but also to others? Speak out and let us discuss how we can, together, enhance this community.

(Btw: I have *A LOT* of unused bandwidth, so we can easily cover more users and postings than we do now)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:24 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Something that just popped into my mind:

If you can contribute by writing small tutorials or software reviews, by actively helping with promotional efforts, or by helping me to improve the structural layout of this forum, I am willing to reward you with quality web space + mysql database connectivity and/or your own @turcic.com (spamfiltered, adfree, pop3/web) email .
Advert
Old 11-05-2003, 06:11 AM   #3
drc54
Enthusiast
drc54 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm m515, now TX
Okay, I'll admit I've been preoccupied lately. Not that I don't follow the forums here, but not being an active contributor. I don't know, perhaps many other member also are busy during last quarter of the year. Business is looking good lately, there are more products available, so I think the forum traffic will catch up.

BTW, I've been telling a lot of my office peers about this wonderful site. Just last week a friend bought an IPAQ, told him to check out this site. So, I won't be surprise if they have join in this community.

Regards
Deva
drc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:26 AM   #4
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Yes, I have been distracted as well.

Let me think on this a little.
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:47 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc54
BTW, I've been telling a lot of my office peers about this wonderful site. Just last week a friend bought an IPAQ, told him to check out this site. So, I won't be surprise if they have join in this community.
This is definitely one way of supporting us

Taking a rough guess, I'd say about 90% of our members are PalmOS users. It would be nice if we could also spread the word in PocketPC communities. In this regard, I am still looking for a PocketPC Co-Admin.
Advert
Old 11-07-2003, 08:46 AM   #6
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Software reviews would be cool. I mean software reviews from real unpaid by the company people would be cool. I think the new games at astraware should be reviewed. I think that I may be able to write a mini review of the new games and the improved functionality of the older upgraded games. Where would I post the review or should I PM it to you Alexander?
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 08:47 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by visorprismman
Software reviews would be cool. I mean software reviews from real unpaid by the company people would be cool. I think the new games at astraware should be reviewed. I think that I may be able to write a mini review of the new games and the improved functionality of the older upgraded games. Where would I post the review or should I PM it to you Alexander?
I was thinking of posting reviews to one of the General Palm/PPC Forums and putting them up as sticky threads. Unless, of course, the amount of reviews justifies its own category Does that sound cool to you?

Would be cool if some people who like to write reviews can come together here. I even think of posting abstracts of the reviews on the site's front page (of course I'd have to rearrange the layout a bit).
Old 11-09-2003, 08:51 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Another idea/suggestion:

I just received the news that Mobipocket is beta testing a new program called Mobipocket eNews Creator 1.0. Quote from their website:
Quote:
The eNews Creator is the a new software enabling visual creation and editing of Mobipocket eNews channels for regular websites, AvantGo like websites and the brand new RSS feeds.
This release of the eNews Creator is also an opportunity to create a public repository for all eNews channels. The community of Mobipocket users will now be able to cooperatively build and maintain an exhaustive database of eNews channels. Once you built a new channel, all you have to do is click on publish to make it available to all Mobipocket users.
The eNews Creator is scheduled to be released around the 1st of December and will be sold on our website for $14.95.
If you wish to participate to the beta program, simply send an email to fabien@mobipocket.com.
Of course, this would fit perfectly in our forum and I already contacted one Mobipocket guy who is also present here. Something like adding categories for building, maintaining and storing Mobipocket eNews channels (similar like we do it now with iSilo).

Also, Mobipocket currently has a small community at Yahoo Groups, would be nice if we could convince the guys & girls there to join us.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:15 PM   #9
elveejay
elveejay is on a distinguished road

Device: Visor Prism; Tungsten TE
I guess I've been distracted by daily life stuff including the demise of PDA Ave. I've been looking at upgrading from my Prism to the new T|E. I am hoping not to run into too many roadblocks with applications once I do get my new PDA.
elveejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 03:26 PM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ok, looks like we have something new here
From now on our forum also includes MobiPocket support and support for MobiPocket eNews scripts. Expect the new forums to grow fast.

In this regard, I welcome user "MobiPocket" as a new moderator and a member of our team!

Cheers!
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Another idea/suggestion:

I just received the news that Mobipocket is beta testing a new program called Mobipocket eNews Creator 1.0. Quote from their website:

Of course, this would fit perfectly in our forum and I already contacted one Mobipocket guy who is also present here. Something like adding categories for building, maintaining and storing Mobipocket eNews channels (similar like we do it now with iSilo).

Also, Mobipocket currently has a small community at Yahoo Groups, would be nice if we could convince the guys & girls there to join us.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #11
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Any news, guys? I am really surprised; first we screamed at the forum restrictions, yet the forum was quite busy, and now, when every restriction is removed, noone cares to contribute anymore. Feeling bad for Alex
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 08:14 AM   #12
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Yeah, it is interesting.

I for one am guilty as charged. I don't spend as much time using my Palm as I used to. I do check the forum everyday, but find I have nothing to say.

I guess we just have to make an effort.
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote