Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #61
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by symonray View Post
Hello. I have rooted my IQ per the instructions. However, when I attempt to use root explorer and delete the sudoku app and the various ringtones, I get a warning message stating that the files are "read only" and cannot be deleted. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step? Thanks for any help.
There is a rectangular box at the top left of Root Explorer next to:

Mounted as R/O [Mount R/W]

Tap on [Mount R/W] to change to

Mounted as R/W [Mount R/O]

FYI: R/O = Read Only, R/W = Read Write

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #62
ffred
Enthusiast
ffred began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Good root instructions

I successfully rooted my IQ and I thought that was all I needed for access - I clearly didn't read far enough. I'm going to install explorer and auditor tonight. Thanks for the excellent rooting instructions. It went off without a hitch. I'll be more confident now when I get around to rooting my NC.
On another issue - I have a lot of trouble scrolling through my Aldiko library. Everything wants to open. My screen seems to be too sensitive when I don't want it to be, and unresponsive when I need sensitivity. I've put on an adhesive screen protector. Should I remove it?
ffred
ffred is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #63
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Hi!
I also did root my IQ several weeks ago without any problems.

Yesterday I changed the value SDK=8 to SDK=7 in Build.prop.
From that moment on RootExplorer would no longer run with root rights!
Thus I cannot undo the change.

Did s.th. similar happen to one of you out there?

(Not having root rights is not really a serious problem right now - but I feel quite helpless now...)

Please, if someone can help - do so!
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #64
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Hi!
I also did root my IQ several weeks ago without any problems.

Yesterday I changed the value SDK=8 to SDK=7 in Build.prop.
From that moment on RootExplorer would no longer run with root rights!
Thus I cannot undo the change.

Did s.th. similar happen to one of you out there?

(Not having root rights is not really a serious problem right now - but I feel quite helpless now...)

Please, if someone can help - do so!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #65
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
You can use adb to pull the build.prop file, modify it and push the corrected version back into your IQ.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #66
Clemenseken
eWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
You can use adb to pull the build.prop file, modify it and push the corrected version back into your IQ.
Thanks, Logseman - I'll try to do that.

ACTUALLY your suggestion just got me to try USB connection with my MAC - and it WORKED!
... which was new to me - ONE thing gained at least through my problem.

Would you mind, if you can spare the time, to just post the command (line) I'd have to use to send a changed build.prop back to my IQ?
('cause I can get the file with a file manager but not save it back there.)
Old 03-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #67
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Try
Quote:
adb devices
adb remount
adb push build.prop /system
Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #68
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Hiaig posted it before me.

"adb devices" will let you check if your device is properly connected for adb to work.
"adb remount" to mount it.
and the push command to... well, bring the build.prop into your /system folder

It is interesting for you as well that, in case you couldn't get the build.prop through the graphical interface, you can still obtain it through adb.

Try
Code:
adb pull /system/build.prop build.prop
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #69
Clemenseken
eWriter

Thanks to all here!

... just wanted to report that my IQ is up again (though not as high as Albert's ).

While I was at it I did install the firmware-repack so I feel prepared for further adventures ...