Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Hey Kobo! Add this to the next gen eInk PLEASE

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/14/2...m-e-ink-reader
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
If this really does use a lot less power than backlighting it also has a huge potential for use in smartphones, tablets and a whole range of items (like displays in modern cars). High power use is one of the drawbacks of electronic devices - imagine a tablet that really could run for 3-4 days between charges.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
from some reports i saw, maybe just an idea, was this might actually be an accessory you can add to any device at a later date.

its alll speculative till it's released, but this would be that little something that really makes e-readers shine
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
MechR
Connoisseur
MechR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
My only question/concern is whether the added layer increases glare
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote