Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S

In light of a recent thread, here are some avatar images for those want an avatar. Get it?!
I'm going to bed now - the rest is up to you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Male+Naavi+Avatar.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	40676   Click image for larger version

Name:	avatar_blue_man1.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	40677   Click image for larger version

Name:	THUMB_avatar-halloween-mask.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	40678  
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Whaddaya think?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ummmm
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
If I didn't have a 13 yr old son, I wouldn't get it.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Well, I don't; so I don't, I guess....

How's this for someone's shadow side:
Attached Images

pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 01:48 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post

Freaky!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
You know, I just saw a preview (on TV) yesterday and immediately thought of your thread!

And I must say the preview in the cinema was much more impressive than on our TV...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sniff.. you didn't get my bad pun. I'm disappointed.

This is a 'real' avatar

I've seen an online preview - it didn't look fantastic, but I guess it might be better in 3D. I've never seen a 3D movie before, and I think I'll go and see this. One of teh intersting thisngs about is that the aliens are played by actors using motion-capture. Like Gollum, but here they've taken it a step further and worked more with facial expression, too.

Quote:

Nice, but I think an avatar is really more like someone's persona rather than their shadow No matter how it looks like.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #9
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
It was even on the front page of the Entertainment section of the Globe&Mail a few days ago!

Quote:
Nice, but I think an avatar is really more like someone's persona rather than their shadow No matter how it looks like.
You're right. It's not usually safe to let your shadow play out in public...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #10
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
You're right. It's not usually safe to let your shadow play out in public...
It usually ends in tears
Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post

This is a 'real' avatar

I've seen an online preview - it didn't look fantastic, but I guess it might be better in 3D. I've never seen a 3D movie before, and I think I'll go and see this. One of teh intersting thisngs about is that the aliens are played by actors using motion-capture. Like Gollum, but here they've taken it a step further and worked more with facial expression, too.
Yes, you really can't compare an online version (or TV version for that matter) with the movie version. We didn't see a preview when we were watching A Christmas Carol (which was also in 3D so we would have had the glasses ready then...) but I think it would look awesome in 3D.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes, you really can't compare an online version (or TV version for that matter) with the movie version. We didn't see a preview when we were watching A Christmas Carol (which was also in 3D so we would have had the glasses ready then...) but I think it would look awesome in 3D.
In 2D on my monitor, the Pandorian characters failed to look quite real. Still looked a bit like refugees from a computer game. I hope it will be better in 3D.