Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #991
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I like the letter Z by Erte.

As Intermittent Court Limner, I do occasionally accept requests for avatar images. However, since I only work on them at Marc's parties, as you might imagine delivery time can vary wildly.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #992
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I like the letter Z by Erte.

As Intermittent Court Limner, I do occasionally accept requests for avatar images. However, since I only work on them at Marc's parties (y'know, so I can use the subject as a reference, or at least have interesting reference subjects), as you might imagine delivery time can vary wildly.
Eh? I just edited this message to make it more clear or at least funnier (I hope), and now the system says it's too short???

Edit: Ah. I was quoting, not editing. Well, since I can't easily delete it, I guess I'll leave it as-is. Now.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:37 AM   #993
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Marc, you'd also like Rowland Scherman's "Love Letters", an alphabet made of nude figures. Lovely. I want to buy a print.
I've been googling, and, yes, I see what you mean. I'm more partial to the Erté alphabet though. The "M" is particularly striking.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #994
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
SiX? Is that right?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #995
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I've been googling, and, yes, I see what you mean. I'm more partial to the Erté alphabet though. The "M" is particularly striking.

Cheers,
Marc
I thought you might be partial to the M, whereas I have my eye on the T. Hey, current retail is only US$8650.00! They all have different prices... apparently the L is the current big ticket.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 08-05-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #996
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I thought you might be partial to the M, whereas I have my eye on the T. Hey, current retail is only US$8650.00!
Excellent value. I'm going to buy the lot and wallpaper my Orrery Room with them.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #997
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
As Intermittent Court Limner, I do occasionally accept requests for avatar images. However, since I only work on them at Marc's parties (y'know, so I can use the subject as a reference, or at least have interesting reference subjects), as you might imagine delivery time can vary wildly.
Nobody ever notices you sitting quietly in the corner, sketching away on your InfoPad, do they?

Cheers,
Marc (most excellently limned by the Court Limner)
Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #998
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The crowd at your party never noticed me when I showed up with a film crew to do a remake of Venus in Furs
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #999
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Nobody ever notices you sitting quietly in the corner, sketching away on your InfoPad, do they?

Cheers,
Marc (most excellently limned by the Court Limner)
I'm often overlooked. Occasionally someone tries to buy me a drink, and then gets confused when I ask for a pot of single-estate organic Darjeeling.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #1000
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
The crowd at your party never noticed me when I showed up with a film crew to do a remake of Venus in Furs
I used a cloaking mechanism (based in the appropriately-named "Cloak Room").

Now, 999, I can go to bed and hunt the marked in the East of Eden.

Cheers,
Marc (of Cain)

EDIT: Oh, crap and bugger. Neko beat me to 999 (the Beast Downunder). Oh well, there goes the first millennium. I'm still going to bed though. Always remember, ma chérie, you are loved.

Last edited by montsnmags; 08-05-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #1001
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ONE

THOUSAND

POSTS !!!!

holy cow y'all !! amazing. my mind is boggled and the cockles of my heart are warmed. and (yes marc) i feel loved (it's quite delicious). thanks everybody for playing.

this calls for some sort of commemorative toast and a celebration : champagne all around ! (and toast of course. jam or butter ? both ?)

so, bets on when we get to 2000 ?

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #1002
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
From Erte's Alphabet:
ah, lovely. i'll feel so elegant and classy wearing that. merci chéri.

Quote:
Marc, you'd also like Rowland Scherman's "Love Letters", an alphabet made of nude figures. Lovely. I want to buy a print.

In an interesting juxtaposition, he writes, "New York publishers were afraid that...the Z might offend someone."
*sigh* i get that a lot, and not just from New York publishers. they just don't understand, i have to be taken at the second degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
but that was for the best ; the extras seem so natural and unrehearsed.

Quote:
Now, 999, I can go to bed and hunt the marked in the East of Eden.

Cheers,
Marc (of Cain)

EDIT: Oh, crap and bugger. Neko beat me to 999 (the Beast Downunder).
another one for my list of t-shirts...
Quote:
Oh well, there goes the first millennium. I'm still going to bed though. Always remember, ma chérie, you are loved.
if i ever forget, i can just come and stroll around this thread to remind myself.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #1003
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hey -- for those of us too lazy to google -- can we have a link to the Erte alphabet? The human one posted previously was very cool!
Oh, and yes, the Z posted here is really great!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #1004
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I'm just wondering what Ms Z Erte is hanging her beads on.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #1005
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I just had to visit a 1000-post thread... just to say I'd been here! Incredible, guys.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda