Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
bobng
bobng began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Calibre for Tablets

Will there ever be a Calibre App for Android tablets? If so any idea when?
bobng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Are you familiar with Calibre Companion? That is an app for android tablets which no tablet owner + Calibre user should live without!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobng View Post
Will there ever be a Calibre App for Android tablets? If so any idea when?
Calibre ebook Manager, viewer, and ebook editor will most likely never be ported to Android. That said I agree with booklover6 Calibre Companion (CC) is the best ebook manager for Android. This app allows your Nexus 7 to connect wirelessly to calibre as a device. I have my entire library on my Nexus 7 and use CC to select the book I want to read and launch it in Moon+ Reader Pro (the reading app of my choice).
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
bobng
bobng began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Thanks to you both!

Thanks to you both. I will get the Calibre Companion. I currently place books that I want to read into Dropbox for transfer to FBreader. This works good as my wife can also get them for her tablet. I would like to at some time eliminate having to use the laptop to process the books before moving to the tablet. Guess not.
bobng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:59 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobng View Post
Thanks to you both. I will get the Calibre Companion. I currently place books that I want to read into Dropbox for transfer to FBreader. This works good as my wife can also get them for her tablet. I would like to at some time eliminate having to use the laptop to process the books before moving to the tablet. Guess not.
Even though I prefer Calibre Companion if you're using Dropbox you might want to investigate the Calibre Cloud App
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Or you use the Moon+ Reader Net library (connection) feature to connect to the built-in calibre server to exchange documents.

There are unlimited possibilities for using calibre
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote