Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Nook Simple Touch Reader firmware update for BestText technology

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Soft...uch/379003175/

Here's the link, found in the News forum. Really curious if anyone can update and report back on how it looks.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
The NOOK subforum here is dead. No one's chatting about today's news.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
The NOOK subforum here is dead. No one's chatting about today's news.
Yeah it is too bad. I have a weakness for the underdog and Kindle definitely is top-dog right now. So I keep hoping Sony (certainly not an underdog in general, but in the ebook reader market) and B&N can pull off something wonderful. but I'm disappointed with the reports of the T1 freezing (even if saying so in the Sony forum can be a dangerous idea), and I remember your review and other reviews of the limitations of the Nook STR. Crisper font could go a long way to making me like the Nook though. (That+rooting it).
Old 11-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
...Crisper font could go a long way to making me like the Nook though. (That+rooting it).
Yeah, I understand that. Crisper font isn't really something you can ignore.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Here's the link, found in the News forum. Really curious if anyone can update and report back on how it looks.
That's impossible - if you look at the page, the download links aren't actually there yet.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
seajewel
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson View Post
That's impossible - if you look at the page, the download links aren't actually there yet.
Well, whenever it is released.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Maybe everyone is at work, like me. No clue why there isn't more posts. Maybe everyone is burned out from all of these announcements. I know I am. This is the 5th announcement in a 6-month period. It could be what happens when you are last out of the door with your product. We'll see how that goes in a few weeks.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
crc
unknown
crc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The download links have just appeared; I'm downloading it now and will install as soon as possible and report back. (Unfortunately, I am at work currently, so if we get busy this may take a while...)
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Maybe everyone is at work...
You know that's never been an excuse around here! One may not be able to download a file or view a certain website, but folks get their posts in!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
LOL!!! You are right of course. Then I have no idea where the Nook community is. Haven't heard much from Boswd lately. He would be here leading the cheers. I was trying to decide whether or not to update my Nook Color to the NC 2, get the Fire, or get the Sony tablet. Right now I'm leading toward the Sony because I haven't heard enough from B&N that will pull me that way. That's what happens when you get a product (T1) that you really like.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
crc
unknown

The link posted on the STR updates page is actually the firmware for the Nook Color. Shame, now I'm back to waiting
Old 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
...Haven't heard much from Boswd lately. He would be here leading the cheers...
Unfortunately, he was banned.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
seajewel
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post
The link posted on the STR updates page is actually the firmware for the Nook Color. Shame, now I'm back to waiting
and I was so excited to see if you were reporting back with a review! Come on, B&N!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I'm updating now, on my lunch hour. Will report when the update is done installing.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
crc
unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm updating now, on my lunch hour. Will report when the update is done installing.
Can you provide the URL to the actual download? The only one I see is still for the Nook Color.