Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #16
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The day before my birthday. Good work Amazon. (eye roll)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #17
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
It's coming, it's coming ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #18
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica145 View Post
Just wait for the popcorn app.
Did someone say "popcorn app?"

Get some flavored butter, and I am buying in!!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #19
WaltC
Harmonious Grump
WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Touch, Nook HD, iPad 3, Voyage
I'm sure it's unintended, but it's a bittersweet sort of coincidence that the Amazon announcement (presumably their new tablet) happens 2 hours before the sale of the very last batch of Touchpads goes out to HP employees.

I wonder how Amazon's thoughts about the success/price of their tablet may have been affected by the buying frenzy that accompanied HP's $100/$150 9.7" tablet sale.
WaltC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #20
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
I really can't wait to see the thing. As long as they do it right and integrate all of the amazon experience it will be really good if not great. I hope they make with sd or micro sd card expansion since I would have to load it up with my Audible library.

It would be excellent if it would have the gps like Lenovo's A1. Though I don't really need it on a general basis it will be useful on a road trip.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #21
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
First post I'll probably be on a drive down to SoCal from Sam Francisco when this gets announced, but I'm sure to hear the news on the radio or get an alert on my Android phone. If it's what I've been hearing rumors of it sounds really cool.

One rumor is that hey will include a year of Amazon prime, itself a $79 value, and that you'll be able to stream the Prime videos. I already have Amazon Prime and I wonder what they will do for the many other members that have it already also.
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Just wait for the popcorn app.
You'd need your Amazon gizmo to run the popcorn app and you'd have to have bought the butter accessory to get it buttered.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #23
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Word on the street is that a 7" device will be offered first, and a 10" is some months away.
I can't remember the last time I was walking on the street and had people walk up to me offering up inside tech info.

Maybe I live in the wrong neighborhood...
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #24
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
And Microsoft will be playing catch-up by announcing a conference that took place a week ago that nobody knew about.
Hahaha...

That deserves some Karma...
Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #25
afa
The Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Do you think Amazon announce new e-ink reader?, k4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Your guess is as good as anybodys.
Quote:
It'd be a lot cooler if they did.
I know tech gadgets seem to be shrouded in a veil of secrecy nowadays, but I wonder if this sometimes hurts them.

I wanted an upgrade from my Nook Classic recently, and wouldn't have minded going for a new Kindle (most of my purchases are from Amazon, anyway). But not only is there no new reader out yet, there wasn't really any word on when it would be coming out. So I went ahead and got the Nook STR.

Surely, there must be other people like me, who want a device but can't wait for some indeterminate time in the future when Company X will release their own product.

Tech companies might be losing out on potential sales by keeping a lid on things till the last minute.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
I can't remember the last time I was walking on the street and had people walk up to me offering up inside tech info.

Maybe I live in the wrong neighborhood...
LOL
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #27
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You'd need your Amazon gizmo to run the popcorn app and you'd have to have bought the butter accessory to get it buttered.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #28
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
I know tech gadgets seem to be shrouded in a veil of secrecy nowadays, but I wonder if this sometimes hurts them.

I wanted an upgrade from my Nook Classic recently, and wouldn't have minded going for a new Kindle (most of my purchases are from Amazon, anyway). But not only is there no new reader out yet, there wasn't really any word on when it would be coming out. So I went ahead and got the Nook STR.

Surely, there must be other people like me, who want a device but can't wait for some indeterminate time in the future when Company X will release their own product.

Tech companies might be losing out on potential sales by keeping a lid on things till the last minute.
I think the same,

I want a e-ink touch, if amazon does not say anything like it, I probaly buy the sony t1, but if Amazon announced that in January launched a new product, then I wait.

too much secrecy is not good ...
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #29
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...s_in_2012.html

I don't know if this source is reliable, but it says Amazon will have 2 eInk eReader : a low cost non touch, without 3G and one pricier with both...I would personally prefer non touch and 3G, but...oh yea it's the Kindle 3
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
I don't know if this source is reliable, but it says Amazon will have 2 eInk eReader : a low cost non touch, without 3G and one pricier with both...I would personally prefer non touch and 3G, but...oh yea it's the Kindle 3
I prefer touch and wifi. Looks like we both lose.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote