Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #571
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thanks for posting these links.

I just want to make sure that they're 'clean', that is with no advertising or branding or whatever?

And do we download the code as per murg's usual instructions?
This is the stock Kobo code. Branding is present but only seen if you change the affiliate -- see various comments on the affiliate.conf file.

Murg's instructions are still the way to go.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #572
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
DNSB,
thank you for the link!

Seems to be working on a Touch C (I loaded only the KoboRoot.tgz).
I tried it on a Touch B using KoboRoot.tgz only but doesn't add many noticeable changes.

Regards,
David
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #573
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm... goargosgo would fit with previous usage.
Huh?
Toronto Argonauts are the local football team (think American football on a bigger field, 3 downs plus some real quirks in the rules).

My thought was that when the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team was in first place (for a short time and before their characteristic slide out of the playoffs), Kobo used goleafsgo, goargosgo was a logical suggestion.

Regards,
David
Old 11-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #574
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I've updated the first post.

Can someone please post the release identifier and date from the screen for both the Mark 4 (Glo/AuraHD) and Mark5 (new Aura) releases.
The XYL's Aura shows 2.10.0 (6180f632e1), 2013-Oct-21.

My Aura HD shows the same.

Regards,
David
Old 11-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #575
Polynésia
Polynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo glo
J'ai installé la version 2.10 est l'écran de paramètre de lecture ne s'affiche pas en entier et j'ai fonctionnalité bêta dans la liste ils ont mis en ligne la version beta sur mobileread ?

I installed version 2.10 is the setting screen reading is not displayed in full and I beta feature in the list: o they posted the beta version on MobileRead?
Polynésia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #576
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Ok, works on the Mini, too. The zip includes uboot/uImage for the Mini, but these are unchanged compared to 2.5/2.6/2.8, so only KoboRoot.tgz is needed.

It seems that 2.10 does not provide Pocket integration for the Mini, so I reverted to 2.8.1. This was easy (just copy 2.8.1 KoboRoot.tgz) because there are no Mini-related files that 2.10 does replace and 2.8.1 doesn't revert - despite the NL dictionary and Dyslexie fonts, but this shouldn't cause trouble...

Last edited by uboot; 11-05-2013 at 01:09 PM.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #577
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini

Just installed the 2.10.0 firmware on the Aura HD imagine my surprise at how quick it booted. No lag to load the 4600+ on my device, my settings were not changed. Calibre however does not recognize the data base, I am sure this will be resolved in its next iteration. Have not checked shelf access time as yet. But so far so good. I do like the boot up time, mind you that was from the update immediately so not sure what would happen on a full power cycle as yet.

Thanks to Murg for posting the links.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #578
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Calibre however does not recognize the data base
Just configure the kobo driver (either base or extended depending on which you use) to support unsupported database versions... It works fine
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #579
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just configure the kobo driver (either base or extended depending on which you use) to support unsupported database versions... It works fine
Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #580
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I tried it on a Touch B using KoboRoot.tgz only but doesn't add many noticeable changes.

Regards,
David
This might depend from where you upgraded. Your Touch has been on 2.9.0, I guess.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #581
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
It seems that 2.10 does not provide Pocket integration for the Mini, so I reverted to 2.8.1.
Does it not have the menu entry for Pocket at all? Or does it have the menu entry, but does not work? On the Touch, there is the Pocket menu entry, but I did not try yet. The new dictionary function works definitely on the Touch.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #582
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Does it not have the menu entry for Pocket at all? Or does it have the menu entry, but does not work? On the Touch, there is the Pocket menu entry, but I did not try yet. The new dictionary function works definitely on the Touch.
Pocket works great on my touch!!!
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #583
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't still get 2.10.0 in my Aura HD.

I'd like to ask a question before I consider upgrading directly through the links in the first post. Does Calibre KoboTouch driver (and also the modified KoboTouchExtended driver) support 2.10.0?
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #584
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
The XYL's Aura shows 2.10.0 (6180f632e1), 2013-Oct-21.

My Aura HD shows the same.

Regards,
David
XYL? Huh?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #585
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
XYL? Huh?
In Ham/CB radio terms it means Wife. Not sure if that's what he meant or not.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote