Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
SToid Atari ST Emulator?

Sort of a random question, but I used an Atari ST for years back in the pre-PC days. I recently found an ST emulator for Android called SToid. Before I spend my hard earned $2.22 on it, I was wondering if any has tried it or knows if it's Fire compatible?

I did notice that comments on Google Play and AppBrain are pretty mixed, though it seems the newest 1.1 update is an improvement.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...or.stoid&hl=en
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Actually Atari ST came out well after the IBM PC and more than a year after the original Macintosh (June 1985 vs August 1981 and January 1984, respectively). I had both monitors (640x480 monochrome and 640x240 color) and a DOS emulator that clipped onto the CPU.

One of the games I used to play a lot was this one:
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari...leks_9055.html
If I can find a download, I'd definitely give it a try.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, I should probably have said "my pre-pc" days. It took PCs a long time to catch up to the Atari, game and interface wise.

I still miss those 16-bit days. I had both monitors, and the Tuborcharger (I think it was called) PC emulator, and the Mac emulator that used the actual Mac Rom chips in a cartridge. Almost all my old computer stuff got thrown away, not by me, during a move.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote