Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Burning question... When will someone create an ePub app?

After all, Bookeen managed to (Yep. Got the latest downloads today.) shoehorn both FOLDER MANAGEMENT, the gosh-durn-it-they-finally-figured-it-out working Delete key, and either Mobi or ePub support. And it even works on the vastly-under-memoried 64MB Gen3. So with all the extra memory on the Kindle2, why hasn't anyone (I note that we now have Sudoku for the Kindle.) figured out how to add a simple non-DRM ePub reader to the Kindle???

Derek

P.S. And they added FB2 (FBReader) ebook support to both the ePub and Mobi versions!
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
P.S. And they added FB2 (FBReader) ebook support to both the ePub and Mobi versions!
They did? My Cybook is still charging, but their readme says FB2 is supported only in ePub version.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
They did? My Cybook is still charging, but their readme says FB2 is supported only in ePub version.
Sorry, you're right. However, the V2.0 works on the 64MB Gen3 so it IS do-able.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Savory had and ePub renderer (?) along with PDF support for K2 *before* the 2.3 update. Maybe Jesse can be persuaded to update it.

Quote:
What is Savory?

Savory is a native ebook conversion package for the Kindle 2. It lets you download and read PDFs and ePubs on the Kindle without a manual conversion step.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It looks like jyavenard updated Savory for K2 International only (so far). I'm unsure if it works with the 2.3 update. I've left a question re K2 and DX U.S.

Savory files

Part of a comment on Jesse's blog:

Quote:
More info on my blog:
http://jyavariousideas.blogspot.com/...kager-now.html

I repackaged your Savory update to use that new feature, so it can be installed on the Kindle 2 International just like on the previous gen kindle

Posted by: Jean-Yves Avenard | 11/02/2009 at 12:02 AM
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Not trying to be argumentative, but I really fail to see the point?

Since you have to obtain ePub's from an external source (and possibly strip them of DRM) and then transfer to your Kindle via your computer anyway, what's the hassle in typing "mobigen book.ePub" to convert it to mobipocket? I actually love ePub books because they convert so nicely. The only thing missing that a native reader might allow are external fonts, which (to me) are more novelty than anything else.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote