Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
rstoothoff
rstoothoff began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to pack/zip Kindle (.mobi/azw3) files

I use EPUB Unzip and EPUB Zip to crack open .epub files and then, after tweaking the code, zipping them back into an .epub file. I have MobiUnpack for cracking open .mobi files. Is there something like EPUB Zip for zipping them back into .mobi files after tweaking the code, or do I simply use a zipping program?
rstoothoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoothoff View Post
I use EPUB Unzip and EPUB Zip to crack open .epub files and then, after tweaking the code, zipping them back into an .epub file. I have MobiUnpack for cracking open .mobi files. Is there something like EPUB Zip for zipping them back into .mobi files after tweaking the code, or do I simply use a zipping program?
Put the KF8/AZW3 into Calibre and use the Tweak Books feature to get at the code. Then it can be put back together after that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
dilo_sec
dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3
Cross-posted: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188671
dilo_sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
rstoothoff

Thanks, JSW, but where is the Tweak Book feature in Calibre?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
rstoothoff

I found Tweak Books in Calibre. Neat.
Advert