Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Get it for Free

Nothing that should supprise mobile read members but may be an excellent primer for beginers:

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/2012...oneymag/2.html
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Nothing that should supprise mobile read members but may be an excellent primer for beginers:

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/2012...oneymag/2.html
As I get older, it is always nice to get reminders.

By the way, where did they put that airport? Darn!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I bounced through some of the other "freebie" articles attached to the one posted and it appears to be a wild mish-mash of ideas.

You go from searching Craigslist for "free to a good home" furniture, to threatening to leave your cable provider for a deal, to get a credit card and charge $4,000 dollars on in the first 3 months for $400 of air travel.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
By the way, where did they put that airport? Darn!
It be right here

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They forgot to mention pirate sites
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It be right here

I hiked a place like that.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Did you peer over the edge?
Old 08-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
I did not see the r at the end of peer, when I first read this.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I flew into that airstrip in a light plane in New Guinea in the late 1970s, the pilot had 3 approaches before getting it right.
Two weeks later, when it came time to go home, I seriously contemplated walking out, it would only have taken 6 months or so.
Jozawun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I'd think getting the right direction is quite helpful for calming the nerves ......

And, Apache, it is very tricky performing things like that out of an airplane, don't be so silly .........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
My friends, I am a "word guy" but any attempt I would make to describe the problems of that "edge" would pale compared to the real thing, or a movie or a picture of the real thing.

You have to be somewhere like that and feel the dirt under your feet shift or crumble, your shoe slip on the lichen, moss, or a little bit of moisture, or a few grains of sand, perhaps a quick gust of a changing wind. You have to have the feeling of your balance if not becoming perilous then certainly altering a bit and becoming dubious, or of an inner ear sounding warning.

The same thing can happen on a muddy river bank or on a pier with little or no railing, or at the edge of an old well or mine's opening, and particulary on a slope that gets steeper and steeper further down, or worse of all on an ice slope..

ONCE you have had that experience, you will have well learned the wonderful feeling of having sound shoes with the proper cleats, spikes, or soles and ABOVE ALL OTHER THINGS, THE WONDERFUL FEELING OF A STOUT AND SOUND ROPE SECURED TO SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO STAY PUT AND NOT LET THE ROPE SLIP OFF.

ROPE MY MAN! ROPE! I believe in rope. I believe in harnesses.

Give me the proper rope, the good harness, and a stable anchor point, and I fear no height!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote