Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
method to import bookmarks

I have been struggling with importing bookmarks from Firefox on Macbook to Dolphin HD on Vox and finally came across what I feel is a simple solution.

1. Export favorites from browser. This will produce a file called bookmarks.htm or html (depending on your browser)
2. Move this file to your SD card or Drop box, what ever method you use to move the file to your Vox.
3. In the Droid browser, surf to:
file://sdcard/where you stored it...... I put it in Android/data so my path looked like
file://sdcard/Android/data/bookmarks.html
4. The browser will open a text page of links that are your bookmarks.
5. bookmark that page so that you can refer to it's links.
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
There is also a del.icio.us addon for Dolphin if you use that sort of thing . Also one for xmarks.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert