Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #16
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
[QUOTE=Sunlite;
By the way, why do you want the font size of the text to be bigger than the font size of the title? (text: 200% = 2em; h3.chapter: 150% = 1.5em)[/QUOTE]

I just been using this file to experiment with embedded fonts. I think that I do not fully understand the process. Seems so simple. I picked the font to be obvious when anything worked and as a typist I'd be a great astronaut. I also need a Flight Crew for CSS.

I have been searching for an Embedded Fonts for Dummies. I can get things to work in HTML but not Sigil. Frustrating.

Thanks for all the comments and sugestions. I'll continue to march.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Charlie

I think the point here is is really:

You have to be an ADE 'quirk' expert

Your HTML skills can be very good, but ADE and others will barf all over your feet if you don't do it "My Exact Way"

I have chased around, trying to get something to work, only to discover that a 'tiny' cosmetic error (like your space) will cause ADE to toss the whole style, silently (cause there is no error consoles, to look at in the viewers).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #18
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I have chased around, trying to get something to work, only to discover that a 'tiny' cosmetic error (like your space) will cause ADE to toss the whole style, silently (cause there is no error consoles, to look at in the viewers).
Ducks-

And then there is the case where there is nothing wrong with the style sheet - the viewers lead you astray. I spent hours looking for problems in the epub posted in #3, of this thread, only to find out that the viewer couldn't handle it. (with thanks to yekim54) I later found that this epub played as expected on both the PC version of Adobe ADE and Sony Library viewers.

As a further indication that you were correct in saying that Calibre and Sigil use the same base software for their viewers, I opened a Calibre bug report as follows:

Bug description:
Running Windows 7 64bit Calibre 0.8.1.
In the attached file each chapter uses a different font. Chapter1 displays bolding and italicization correctly.
Chapters 2,3 and 4 displays the proper font face but not the bolding and italicization.

Kovid Goyal's response:
That is because of a bug in Qt WebKit the HTML rendering library calibre uses. Until that is fixed, there is nothing I can do about this.
Status in calibre: e-book management: Won't Fix

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #19
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
crutledge,
I slightly changed the css as far as the font imports is concerned, and cleared most of the rest of the css, and it works now. I don't really know why but clearing the css seemed to be important. Anyway here's your modified file, and perhaps it will help you diagnose the problem.
Bob
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Schoolmaster and Felicia.epub (175.3 KB, 156 views)
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
crutledge,
I slightly changed the css as far as the font imports is concerned, and cleared most of the rest of the css, and it works now. I don't really know why but clearing the css seemed to be important. Anyway here's your modified file, and perhaps it will help you diagnose the problem.
Bob
Well, I finally got it. As is said: Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.

Browsers allow a lot of sloppy coding, but after an lot of researceh on @font-family, very careful scrubbing of the CSS (spaces are some times hard the see or not see so I finally adjusted my editor to indicate spaces) , my html file went through Sigil. This was after I loaded the font to Fonts and adjusted the Sigil CSS to show ../Font ...

A wonderful feeling of accomplishment and then wondering what was su hard.

Many thanks for all the help.

I don't know if anyone will be interested but below are the results of my search for dummy-data on @font-face:

@font-face {
font-family: MyName;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
src:url(../Fonts/"Any Font.ttf");
}

DEFINITIONS

font-family: Any name to be used in STYLES. Must be enclosed in "" if spaces appear in the name.
Example: font-family: MyName; font-family: "My Name";

font-style:normal
font-style:italic
font-styleblique

font-weight:normal
font-weight:bold
font-weight:900

normal: Defines normal characters. This is default
bold: Defines thick characters
bolder: Defines thicker characters
lighter: Defines lighter characters

100: Defines from thin to thick characters.
400: same as normal
700: same as bold

src:url Font file name must be enclosed in "" if spaces appear in file name.
src:url(../Fonts/AnyFont.ttf); src:url(../Fonts/"Any Font".ttf);
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert