Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iOS 4.3.1 Released

http://www.macstories.net/news/apple...ses-ios-4-3-1/

Times like this I wish OS updates were over the air
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thanks. I'm downloading it now at iTunes typical snail pace!
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
currently downloading it to my Touch (60 minutes, really?) followed by the ipad 2.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea it was out. I hope it is better than ios4, because that has made me want to smash my ipad.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
currently downloading it to my Touch (60 minutes, really?) followed by the ipad 2.
you got your iPad 2??? What do you think so far?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Bought the ipad 1 on Saturday... updated to 4.3.1 on Sunday.
My verdict?
Wow!!!
Simply incredible!
I'm not sure how the ipad 2 can drastically outperform this thing. I'm used to the cheap Android tablets (have owned three this year) and none have come anything close to this.
4.3.1 is an incredible OS.
First thing I did was download Garageband. This app is so incredible it brings tears to my eyes. I've used computers for about 25 years (20 years using tablets) and this is by far the best I've ever used.
I'm stunned at how well it runs. (Sold my Android tablet on Craigslist as soon as I loaded iOS 4.3.1)
You can tell I'm an instant fan. LOL
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I like 4.3.1 better than 4.3. IBooks only crashed once since upgrading this morning.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #8
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
4.3.1 update was really just for some security issues.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
60 min??? Wow! Maybe their servers were swamped. It took 14 min for my touch.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:55 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
So far, my touch is running like it used to. Is there something special this upgrade is supposed to do?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

It broke the VGA out to monitor function that was supported up through 4.3.0. The few apps I've got that supported it now just show complete garbage on a VGA monitor.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.

Device: k3
I have mixed feelings of the latest iOS revisions. Probably 4.2.1 was best ever but no way to go back since I upgraded.
Apple probably tweaks a lot under the hood to get most out of dual-core architecture. I remember the same feelings with first Linux kernels 2.6, it was better to stick on 2.4 line on older hardware for quite a time till the 2.6 got matured enough.
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
So far, my touch is running like it used to. Is there something special this upgrade is supposed to do?
4.3 introduced some subtle display redraw errors on the iPod Touch 4G specifically (such as on the lock screen). 4.3.1 seems to have fixed the few instances I observed, as well as whatever other bug fixes that apply more generally to all iOS devices.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote