Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
bilgisiz
bilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle 3.0.2 529960105
mobi conversion request

Can anyone convert this pdf to mobi properly... It's in Turkish so it has Turkish characters(ğ, ş, ç etc Arial has no problem with Turkish characters) I mean i want footnotes to be small like in the pdf. I tried calibre, AVS Document Converter and i had messy mobi files... Please help... I'm desperate...

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-21-2013 at 03:15 AM.
bilgisiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Unfortunately, the Turkish translation by Adnan CEMGİL is still in copyright, so I have deleted the link from your post.

More unfortunately, an automatic conversion from PDF to a Mobi with footnotes is not possible. You'll have to take what output you can get and manually fix up the footnotes. I'd suggest conversion to HTML or ePub first, clean that up with a text editor, and then only convert to mobi when you're happy with it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #3
bilgisiz
bilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle 3.0.2 529960105
I apologize... I didn't aware the copyright deal... It won't happen again...
bilgisiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgisiz View Post
I apologize... I didn't aware the copyright deal... It won't happen again...
A translation has its own copyright, separate from that of the original. The translator of this Turkish version of the book died in 2001, so this book will not be in the public domain in Turkey until 1st Jan 2072. If you obtained it without paying for it, I'd suggest that you delete it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
I would recommend running the PDF through ABBYY Finereader. I do not read Turkish, but from a quick comparison it looked as if Finereader accurately OCRed much of the text.

Depending on how much work you want to put into it, you can fix all of the typos. Then you can can output an EPUB, tweak it in Sigil (add a cover, split chapters, etc.), and then convert to MOBI.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Or just save yourself the hassle and read the PDF on a tablet or computer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A translation has its own copyright, separate from that of the original. The translator of this Turkish version of the book died in 2001, so this book will not be in the public domain in Turkey until 1st Jan 2072. If you obtained it without paying for it, I'd suggest that you delete it.
HarryT:

Does mobi even display Turkish yet? I know we did some books in Romanian, as well as a variety of other languages, but is Turkish supported now?

H
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
HarryT:

Does mobi even display Turkish yet? I know we did some books in Romanian, as well as a variety of other languages, but is Turkish supported now?

H
I don't know if Turkish letters are present in the default Kindle fonts, but you can of course embed a Turkish font into a KF8-format book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 AM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't know if Turkish letters are present in the default Kindle fonts, but you can of course embed a Turkish font into a KF8-format book.
Hi:

Of course...I meant a K7-mobi. If the book is solely to be used for personal use, and the OP wants to go to the trouble of font embedding, AND has a K8 device, then, splendid...but if he has a K-1, K2 e-ink device, that's a different story. Just an observation, before he goes through all the trouble of trying to convert it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote