Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
jasem200
Enthusiast
jasem200 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
How to use iLiad with Mac OsX?

is it possible to use iLiad with Mac OsX. so i can exchange files and books into MMC.
jasem200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
Use a card reader to connect your mmc to your Mac and then drag and drop the files you want to read on to the card.

I forget off hand whether connecting the iliad directly to the Mac via usb mounts anything other than the internal storage. Either way a card reader is going to be much quicker for data transfer.
cen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

Device: irex iliad
Leopard mounts iliad (the internal memory) like another storage device. If you want access to MMC/CF, then you have to buy a multicard reader which are cheap.
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

It's possible to have the iLiad export the MMC or CF card via USB.
So you don't have to get a card reader, the iLiad will work like a card reader for you (though a bit clunky since it will only read one card or the internal memory, as selected in the iLiad settings).

I agree though, that a card reader will probably be faster, since the iLiad only supports USB 1.1 speeds.
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:01 AM   #5
jasem200
Enthusiast
jasem200 began at the beginning.

i think this is a good idea i will try it and let you know

thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
It's possible to have the iLiad export the MMC or CF card via USB.
So you don't have to get a card reader, the iLiad will work like a card reader for you (though a bit clunky since it will only read one card or the internal memory, as selected in the iLiad settings).

I agree though, that a card reader will probably be faster, since the iLiad only supports USB 1.1 speeds.
jasem200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:05 AM   #6
AndyCapon
Enthusiast
AndyCapon began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook & iLiad
It is fairly easy to get it working with the network as well as long as you can get the network connection to work that is!

Create a folder called iLiad under your username.

Inside that create the following structure
Code:
inbox
outbox
  CF
    books
    documents
    newspapers
    notes
  internal
    books
    documents
    newspapers
    notes
  MMC
    books
    documents
    newspapers
    notes
Now on the mac using system preferences->sharing make sure file sharing is enabled. Then click on file sharing on the left pane and click the + under the shared folders bit. Select your iLiad folder from the browser that is displayed. Then in the Users section set the Everyone user to read and write. You can try to get it working with a proper user but I had no luck.

Now all you do if you want to copy stuff to say the internal book section is to put the files in outbox/internal/books on the mac and then connect the iLiad to the computer via wireless or wired network, it will download and erase the original file so make sure it is just a copy.

Cheers

Andy
AndyCapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
rrustema
rrustema began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad since 2006
hi Andy,

I tried your suggestions, more or less like it was suggested on the iRex forum as I described there also, but then with the folder structure as you described and priviliges for everyone.

But I still get the same error when the iLiad tries to connect. Unsuccesful. Any ideas what is happening here?
rrustema is offline   Reply With Quote