Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Vox Reviews

The first full review I've seen: http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...-full-hands-on

It's a rave review and has made me even more excited!
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
With the death of my Wifi
With this review

I'm lucky i left my wallet at home today
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Kobo has told us that pulse will be implemented in their entire product line of readers, such as the Kobo Touch and Kobo WIFI. They are also updating their iOS, Android, Blackberry and other programs they use to make this feature compatible across all platforms. They are big on this and its something that has been in development for six months.
I'm looking forward to the Android app being updated with this! Would love to try it out.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Scion--not that it is an excuse for the lack of replies on the issue, but if the Android App is being rebuilt now, it may be why an interim fix for the problem you were having has not been released.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Scion--not that it is an excuse for the lack of replies on the issue, but if the Android App is being rebuilt now, it may be why an interim fix for the problem you were having has not been released.
I was just saying the same thing! That would be great. I know the developers have much on their plate. Just anxious for something that looks great on large screens.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
I expected the review to address the AFFS screen and tell us about the antiglare. The fact that it wasn't mentioned at all makes me wonder if it is any less reflective than the Nook Color and than the KIndle Fire will be. I have been seriously considering buying the Kobo Vox because of that touted feature.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
I expected the review to address the AFFS screen and tell us about the antiglare. The fact that it wasn't mentioned at all makes me wonder if it is any less reflective than the Nook Color and than the KIndle Fire will be. I have been seriously considering buying the Kobo Vox because of that touted feature.
antiglare or not, it's still an LCD screen and will never compare to e-ink in its current form. Glare isn't the only thing that' s a problem using LCD outside, it's the fact that the light outside can over power the back lighting of an LCD screen, washing out visibility. Glare only adds to problem. IF they've been able to overcome this, I'll be highly impressed.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
antiglare or not, it's still an LCD screen and will never compare to e-ink in its current form. Glare isn't the only thing that' s a problem using LCD outside, it's the fact that the light outside can over power the back lighting of an LCD screen, washing out visibility. Glare only adds to problem. IF they've been able to overcome this, I'll be highly impressed.
I realize that, but since the screen is touted as being new to the tablet market, I just thought he would touch on it in his review.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Quote:
I realize that, but since the screen is touted as being new to the tablet market, I just thought he would touch on it in his review.
The review did say the colours really popped, I think. The screen type is the same used in jetliner cockpits, which, as you know, fly in full sunlight above the clouds and where the pilot must always be able to read the screen with zero problems...
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Well, I don't think they had the chance to try it outside or in an environment with lot of light.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
It's been gloomy and rainy in Toronto recently, so it's possible they had their hands-on on a day when they wouldn't have been able to test it outside.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If its raining for weeks test it inside auto body paint drying booth.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
I know I'm biased, but the FFS screen looks AWESOME!

Last edited by JCKobo; 10-27-2011 at 05:51 PM.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Long time no see JCKobo; New product been keepin' ya busy eh?
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #15
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Long time no see JCKobo; New product been keepin' ya busy eh?
Actually I've been focusing on our direct product sales lately - I'm just a user of the Vox (though I did get to see it evolve

JC
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote