Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
[Kindle Touch] Hangs when browsing library

My touch has been hanging up as I try to flip through the library. When I did a soft reset I suddenly had 0 titles in my library even though Calibre and Windows showed them all there. Did a hard reset and am going to reload all the books through Calibre.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Good idea. Sounds as though there was a corrupt file which was preventing the building of the library HTML page.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Ok, here is what it was doing. As I would swipe through the library, it would hang up on certain pages. After a minute, or so, it would finally display that page of the library, but one or more of the entries on that page would be blank. I got the same behavior if I tried to go directly to that page.

After resetting to factory conditions, I began reloading books. I shortened any long titles, and reconverted all the books to .mobi sans the pdoc tag. (Not sure if that matters to the Touch, but I thought it couldn't hurt.)

Now I can swipe through the entire library.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote