Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
Is there any way to re-order the books on the Kindle

Is there any way to re-order the books on my Kindle.

I have made a Compilation however the five books in there are not in release order.

Is there anyway to put these books correctly in there?
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you want to order the books within a series, the easiest way to do it is using Calibre's "Plugboard" capability. This allows you to automatically prepend a series name and number to the title of your books, so that they'll show up in series order when you sort by title.

See the Calibre forum for more information.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will look there now. Thank you
Old 01-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Forgive my thickness, but due to the trees I cannot see the forest.

Any chance in posting the link of where I should fall first.

Ta
Old 01-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
Any chance in posting the link of where I should fall first.
See Plugboard, template, and custom composite column recipes.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Calibre, click the "Preferences" button, then select "Metadata Plugboards".

Add a new plugboard as follows:

Format: mobi
Device: KINDLE2
Source template: {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}
Destination field: title

Then add a second one for the format "prc" with everything else the same.

Now, whenever you transfer a book to your Kindle using Calibre, the series name and number will be prefixed to the title. You will, of course, have to fill these in the Calibre metadata editor.

So on my Kindle I have, for example:

Poirot 01 - The Mysterious Affair at Styles
Poirot 02 - The Murder on the Links
etc.

Books which aren't in a series won't have their titles changed.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Please don't hate me I have gone to the link above but cannot see the software to download.

Thick...yes it would seem.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Calibre?

Download it from:

http://calibre-ebook.com/download

You'll probably find that most people at MR use Calibre to manage our eBook libraries. Truly wonderful piece of software.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Oh the tidbits I keep finding out that this program can do! And here I was modifying the title after the metadata was downloaded.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Right downloading now. To update my library will I need to remove the books and re-add via Calibre?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes. You really need to go the whole hog and make Calibre your eBook library management tool. It really is worth the effort - it's an absolutely amazing program.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Ah... Didn't append series info via WiFi (I'm lazy don't usually plug the Kindle into the computer)... but success(!) when I connected via USB.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Ah... Didn't append series info via WiFi (I'm lazy don't usually plug the Kindle into the computer)... but success(!) when I connected via USB.
Yes - it only happens when you do either a "Send to Device", or a "Save to Disk" from within Calibre.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Sure I'll be back later this evening. Thanks for all of this
Old 01-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Right. I have rather smartly (using stuffs here) managed to amend the tag info YAY!

However, now I'm a bit stuck in a saving rutt.

After I have edited the files do I just hit the save button top right (will this just over write the files).

and also

Do I use this programme to upload to the Kindle if yes how if no ermmmm how (then)?

Thank you all inadvance.