Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Anyone Has an Old PRS-505 cover I can Buy?

I just spoke to Sony and they don't sell the part plastic inside part for the covers seperately. I just broke the plastic inside to my $100.00 D&B cover; so I'm looking to buy a use cover just for the inside plastic insert. please let me know if anyone would like to part with an old cover with a perfectly in shape plastic insert.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Have you tried posting in the 'Flea Market' section as well?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
itzmeigh
Enthusiast
itzmeigh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Have you looked on eBay?
itzmeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Have you tried posting in the 'Flea Market' section as well?
This is where I should have been originally posted, but we're all learning, eh!
WDE. (I'm not the forum police. )
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
This is where I should have been originally posted, but we're all learning, eh!
WDE. (I'm not the forum police. )
No there was no mistake, I deliberately put it the Sony PRS-505 forum.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
No there was no mistake, I deliberately put it the Sony PRS-505 forum.
OK, no harm done. I guess if you're target market were owners of PRS505's then I guess this was as good a place as any. However, if I were a moderator, and you're probably glad I'm not, I would have moved it on you.
WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
spec2
Enthusiast
spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Just a suggestion if you can't find another cover...

I don't use the cover, I find it awkward*. Instead I bought a $10 7" netbook sleeve at Target and sewed it up a little off center to fit the 505. The other side of the sewed up sleeve creates a pocket to store the USB cable or AC adapter. It's especially handy when I travel.

*Sorry, I can't sell the because eventually I'll sell my 505 when a better model comes out and the lack of the cover might not get me the best price.
spec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I have a Sony Premium Leather cover I'm willing to part with.

From the look of it there are two tabs connecting the plastic holder to the spine. I believe there is another plastic piece sewn into the leather that runs the entire length of the spine. Let me know if this configuration will work for the D&B cover. I don't use this and will sell it cheap.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
Tracey
Connoisseur
Tracey is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I just spoke to Sony and they don't sell the part plastic inside part for the covers seperately. I just broke the plastic inside to my $100.00 D&B cover; so I'm looking to buy a use cover just for the inside plastic insert. please let me know if anyone would like to part with an old cover with a perfectly in shape plastic insert.
Hi Lilly,

I have seen a red cover for sale on eBay in the UK which would seem to meet your needs. The listing number is 140310976375. Please note that i do not know the seller; i just spotted the listing and remembered seeing your post yesterday.

Hope this helps,

Tracey
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote