Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2024, 05:57 AM   #1
beaniebarrow
beaniebarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Paperwhite 2
Question Learning to develop for KUAL or KWebBrew

Hi all!
I'm looking for a topic for my bachelor thesis in Computer Science. I'm required to develop an application that is relatively challenging to make.
I have a bunch of ideas in mind, but I'm unsure whether they are actually worth it or I should just make a web app for PCs and be done with it.
One of those ideas is to develop a barebones chat client compatible with the Matrix protocol for my recently jailbroken Kindle PaperWhite 2. Are there any guides/documentation on how to actually develop homebrew for Kindles?
I can look at KOReader's source code to try to figure out how to make a KUAL-compatible app with online functionality or I can try to tinker with KWebBrew to make a web client for chatting.
Can you point me to another resource/guide/documentation I can use to get started with homebrew development? If you — by any chance — are familiar with developing a Matrix-client, how feasible do you think it is to run/make something like that on an e-reader?
Thank you in advance!
beaniebarrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, homebrew, kual, kwebbrew, paperwhite2