Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2021, 05:33 PM   #1
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
Post SimpleReboot (KUAL Extension)

SimpleReboot by Kusuri

This KUAL extension allows you to quickly reboot or shutdown your Kindle. This Extension is intented for a Kindle Paperwhite (PW4), but it should also work on other Kindles.

Important:
Shutting down your Kindle will result in a "Please Wait, Kindle starting up" Screen. This is normal and i can't change that screen.

If you shutdown your device, the kindle thinks you are rebooting it since there usually isn't a way to shutdown a kindle. Amazon integrated this message because of this expected behaviour.

When you see this message, your Kindle is shutdown correctly and you can power it on again by pressing the powerbutton.

Installation:
1) put the folder into your kual extensions folder ("./extensions/")

2) Open KUAL and choose "SimpleReboot"

3) you now have the option to reboot or shutdown your kindle

Download:

SimpleReboot v0.1: https://mega.nz/file/5wpCTSCQ#w4qrMl...gmqK1LUiy15PFU

p.s: i created this extension to learn how to create scripts and extensions for kindles so if you find a bug.. just send me a message. it's the first time i create a extension for kindles so bare that please in mind.
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #2
Eures
Connoisseur
Eures is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Paperwhite 4
Hi, what is the difference between your extension and the old one of 2013?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=kual+shutdown
Eures is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2021, 09:26 PM   #3
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eures View Post
Hi, what is the difference between your extension and the old one of 2013?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=kual+shutdown

my Extension is using the commands 'reboot' and 'shutdown' (means my extensions allows you to shutdown AND reboot the kindle), the extension you mention the command 'halt' and '/usr/bin/powerd_test -h' (which means you can shutdown OR put the kindle into sleep mode)

added to that i have a nice interface that included shutdown & reboot in one, the extension you mention is 2 different extensions instead of a bundle which includes both things

short: nicer interface and the ability to reboot the kindle added to it & using of different commands

Last edited by Kusuri; 12-31-2021 at 09:32 PM.
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:34 AM   #4
eldavo
eldavo began at the beginning.

Device: pw3 G090G1
Thank you! It works very nice. I always find the kindle with empty battery. The battery is almost completely worn out as the kindle spent a few years in storage with a completely depleted battery, as nobody used it. This is why we need a true shutdown mode.

Only negative side, it does not charge while shut down, and unplug/replug will turn it on. I don't think you can do anything about it anyway.

You can safely say it works on paperwhite 3
eldavo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extension, kual, pw4, reboot, shutdown