Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-18-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
jimdays
jimdays began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch WP63GW
Need some help with Table of Contents error

My friend wrote a book which I think is unique. He was a high level drug dealer and then got caught and went to prison for 4 years. He wrote a print book detailing all this. He was quite drunk/high when he wrote the book, and I spent about 20 hours correcting problems with spelling/grammar/punctuation.
He wants me to put the book on Amazon Kindle for $3.49.
The problem is the Table of Contents (toc) is a little screwed up. There are 20 chapters in the book, and some chapters don't show up in the toc (using e-ink Kindle and also Android device) and also some chapter entries in the toc when touched, go to the wrong chapter.
I was wondering if someone would take a look and possibly make some corrections to the toc. This last book is going to be put on Amazon as sort of a closure to his turbulent efforts. He wrote two other books which are already on Amazon.
The epub for this book is here:
http://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/Fun.epub

Last edited by jimdays; 05-18-2016 at 05:04 PM.
jimdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You have more than ToC problems. You have bad page breaks and bad formatting. All of these things need to be fixed. Use the Calibre eBook editor to fix this.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-18-2016 at 05:16 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert