Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 04:52 AM   #31
Shades
Zealot
Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 5T + @Voice, Nook 1st Ed.
I would like to add Terry Goodkind (The Sword of Truth). Some may like his style, I sure did.

David Eddings has been mentioned here before, so I wanted to add a little about his books here. I have personally not yet read his Balgariad or Mallorean series, but I have read The Redemption of Althalus along with The Elenium and Tamuli series. The structures of his stories seem to follow the same blueprint. Basically a retelling of the story with different character names in different settings, but still mostly the same story. From what I read up on him, the blueprints are Balgariad and Mallorean, which are the books he is most known for. The Redemption of Althalus is this blueprint condensed into a single volume and it is a very good book in my opinion. I could make out the similarities easily between it and the Elenium and Tamuli books.

That's just a word of warning. His books are still very entertaining to read, but I am taking a break before I tackle Balgariad.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #32
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
You might look for The Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox, by Barry Hughart. Epic fantasy set in ancient China. This volume is an omnibus edition of his three books: Bridge of Birds (1984), The Story of the Stone (1988), and Eight Skilled Gentlemen (1990).
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 01:13 AM   #33
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
I would like to add Terry Goodkind (The Sword of Truth). Some may like his style, I sure did.
I never finished the first book because I never got past the BDSM/rape scenes in the cave when the confessor binds the seeker. From what I understand, a lot of people think that the series goes off the deep end as Goodkind gets more and more into his version of Ayn Rand's Objectivism.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote