Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
Need info on M92...

Hi everyone!

I saw a post from 2010 saying that OCR should be added soon to the capabilities of the M92. Has it been added yet? How good is it with English (or any Latin script language)?

Also, how precise is said stylus? I would expect it to be good as it uses Wacom technology.

As for dictionaries, can you add any dictionary? How integrated is the dictionary feature? Can you for example select a word in a text and tap a "dictionary" button to get the definition immediately? Or do you need to use the multitask feature?

How easy is it to hold it in one hand and read a book (in the subway)? It looks like it's quite heavy, about the same weight as a 10" tablet and holding one in one hand for more than a couple of minutes is quite hard. Are the buttons adequately placed for one handed use?

Thanks!
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
No OCR is planned AFAIK. It was just suggestion/idea of one user.

Pen is usable for handwriting unless one has very tiny script. Tip of pen is not as sharp as ball-pen or pencil.

You can add dictionaries and switch between them. Tapping on word works only under certain conditions. There should not be accented letters and probably coding should not be unicode. You do not need multitask, at least for pdf. Others documents I do not know.

It is as heavy as tablet. It is not designed for one hand operation. But with big screen one needs flip page only time to time. And it is doable by one hand, if you have big hand and long fingers. It is better to read while sitting. The same as with any bigger paper book. Reading while standing and holding book in one hand is not top comfortable.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
hakanus
hakanus began at the beginning.

Device: icarus excel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
There should not be accented letters
The latest firmware update seems to have fixed that, accented letters work fine now.
hakanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Ok, I have older firmware... Waiting for new with multitasking, new TTS, ...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
Thanks!

I have small hands with short fingers so I probably wouldn't be able to turn pages that way... Basically, it could work to replace textbooks but you'd need another reader for everyday use. I was kind of set on a color reader to replace my textbooks so I'll have to consider this further...
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert