Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2022, 02:59 PM   #1
brainsog
brainsog began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Calibre skipping files (Skipping whole books)

Lately I've had huge issues with Calibre . When I try import multiple Manga books to my Kobo Forma (I've tried with 2 different Kobo Formas, happened to both) it just doesn't add all the Manga's/Books I select.
When I add them individually e.g. Volume 1 imports just fine. When i proceed to add Volume 2 it suddenly removes volume 1 from the device (that's what Calibre shows, that its not stored on the device after I import Volume 2)
Thing is, this only occurs with certain manga. I have this issue with Vagabond, Jojos Bizarre Adventure Part 8, Dorohedoro.
I havent had issues with importing all 6 Volumes of PTSD Radio. Mind you this has nothing to do with storage space, it is a fault on behalf of Calibre

Ill import a code of line from the debug mode where it shows that it skips files

2022-12-09 20:26:19 [WARN] Skipping file OEBPS/Text/0053/0011-kcc.xhtml (1 <div> tag, 0 <p> tags)
2022-12-09 20:26:19 [WARN] Skipping file OEBPS/Text/0053/0009-kcc.xhtml (1 <div> tag, 0 <p> tags)
2022-12-09 20:26:19 [DEBUG] Starting thread: func=add_kobo_divs, name=OEBPS/Text/0053/0014-kcc.xhtml
2022-12-09 20:26:19 [WARN] Skipping file OEBPS/Text/0053/0012-kcc.xhtml (1 <div> tag, 0 <p> tags)
2022-12-09 20:26:19 [DEBUG] Starting thread: func=add_kobo_divs, name=OEBPS/Text/0053/0015-kcc.xhtml
2022-12-09 20:26:19 [DEBUG] Adding Kobo divs to OEBPS/Text/0053/0014-kcc.xhtml
2022-12-09 20:26:19 [DEBUG] Adding Kobo divs to OEBPS/Text/0053/0015-kcc.xhtml

The process of what i do is download the pngs/jpegs through HakuNeko, zip them into respective volumes, run through KCC (Kindle Comic Converter) and then through Calibre and then add the metadata. I also have CalibreExtended in order to export as kepub so i have all of the features.
WHAT CAN I DO????? any help is apprecaited!
brainsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Common cause is the File / folder name is the same, so one gets stomped by the next
the default template is (or it is the reverse? ) {title} - {authors}
If all these are the same, add a tie breaker (I chose the series index, you can do anything that makes them all different)
{series-index}-{title} - {authors}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2022, 04:12 PM   #3
brainsog

The files I put in usually aren't named in that way though, i usually just put vol 1, vol 2 etc
Although, all of these vol 1,2,3 etc. are in the same folder, but theyre not named the same

You can see the epub files at the bottom of which i drag into Calibre
Old 12-15-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No clue, then because that looks good.
Wait, what is the (title-Author) metadata INSIDE the epub. Depending on settings and stuff, that may cause issue with book managers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 05:19 PM   #5
brainsog

Holy, you might be onto something, all of the manga that have the same name (metadata) are the ones i have issues with.
Dorohedoro has the same name across all of the volumes ive imported. But PTSD Radio is named PTSD Radio Vol. 'x' respective to its volume, which comes back to the issue you talked about that calibre just skips it because its already adding it.
This is definitely the solution even though I haven't tried - its even a no-brainer lol
Thank you for helping me my friend <3!
Advert
Old 12-15-2022, 07:40 PM   #6
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No clue, then because that looks good.
Wait, what is the (title-Author) metadata INSIDE the epub. Depending on settings and stuff, that may cause issue with book managers
What is the easiest/fastest way to change the author-title metadata in ebooks, _before_ Calibre stomps all over the material, deleting non-duplicates because it thinks that they are duplicates?
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:13 PM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can import duplicates with same metadata and same file name. It's only an issue if you try and send to device or save to disk, because then the last one sent wins.

Or manually import (add) to Calibre, edit metadata, then add next one.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga