Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2009, 05:15 AM   #1
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Good Dealings with the CONnect Store

I am a Canadian currently living in China. I tried to order a book last week through the Connect Store but after I entered my Credit Card information, the site told me that since I was not currently in Canada, I could not change my financial information. Grrr. I went to some other sites but the book I wanted ranged from a few dollars more than the Connect store up to $14 more at others. Crazy. I decided to phone Sony and see what they could do. Got through to a human very quickly and, although he was not sure if he could enter my credit card information, said he would give it a try. It took some time but I got the credit card information placed on my account and downloaded the book soon after.

So far my dealings with the people at Sony has been very good. Just thought I would pass it on.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I haven't needed to contact Sony yet, but it's good to hear that you had a good experience.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
lostatsea
lostatsea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
That's good to hear.

I am a Canadian living in Indonesia. I got my first reader last May when I still lived in Canada and once I moved and changed the mailing address on my Canadian credit card to my Indo addy my sony account disabled it automatically. I sent my mother some money through email transfer to have her buy me a couple of gift certificates so that I can still buy books. It would be much better to be able to pay directly with my own credit card.
lostatsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostatsea View Post
I sent my mother some money through email transfer to have her buy me a couple of gift certificates so that I can still buy books. It would be much better to be able to pay directly with my own credit card.
Can you not maintain the billing address in Canada? Most CC companies let you get the bills online anyway.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I am also a Canadian living in China. I simply have two mailing and billing addresses registered with the credit card bank; my chinese address and my Canadian one. For the Sony store, I have the Canadian address on the system. I just could not change the credit card (since I had not entered one before I came over here) so I had to phone and do it manually. You should be able to do the same thing in Indonesia.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
lostatsea
lostatsea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm in the process of severing my ties with Canada for income tax purposes so I don't want to keep any mailing addresses in Canada.
lostatsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
drew00149
Connoisseur
drew00149 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iRex iLiad, HTC Kaiser
I recently purchased what I believed to be the third edition of a book but it turned out to be the 30 year old second edition.

I called Sony up and told them I was mislead by the fact they had posted the image of the third edition and the description of the product said all the new things included in the third edition including updated language and substancially rewritten chapter etc.

The phone support guy tried to tell me nothing stated I was buying the third edition and the reason they included the description of the third edition was to inform me of what I wasn't getting because not all books are the third edition.

LOL. So before I had the opportunity to tell him how this made no sense he put me on hold (apparently the hold button was broken and I could hear him yelling at the other employees to settle down which he then apologized for...) and after a long while said he would contact the publisher and if a new edition could not be provided to me I would be refunded.

Anyway, long story short I got a refund. So after a little ridiculousness I was treated right. Can't complain - now I have a free book.

Just thought I'd share my story too.
drew00149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew00149 View Post
I recently purchased what I believed to be the third edition of a book but it turned out to be the 30 year old second edition.

I called Sony up and told them I was mislead by the fact they had posted the image of the third edition and the description of the product said all the new things included in the third edition including updated language and substancially rewritten chapter etc.

The phone support guy tried to tell me nothing stated I was buying the third edition and the reason they included the description of the third edition was to inform me of what I wasn't getting because not all books are the third edition.

LOL. So before I had the opportunity to tell him how this made no sense he put me on hold (apparently the hold button was broken and I could hear him yelling at the other employees to settle down which he then apologized for...) and after a long while said he would contact the publisher and if a new edition could not be provided to me I would be refunded.

Anyway, long story short I got a refund. So after a little ridiculousness I was treated right. Can't complain - now I have a free book.

Just thought I'd share my story too.
I think the publisher supplies all of that information, but very cool of Sony to give you a refund.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #9
drew00149
Connoisseur
drew00149 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iRex iLiad, HTC Kaiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think the publisher supplies all of that information, but very cool of Sony to give you a refund.
Yeah I think you're right. He did mention that I was the publisher that put the posting up. So shame on the publisher. But Sony does have to take responsibility for what's on their store. It's fixed now anyway so no one else will make the mistake.

But it's weird that it was posted right on amazon and messed up on the connect store.
drew00149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew00149 View Post
Yeah I think you're right. He did mention that I was the publisher that put the posting up. So shame on the publisher. But Sony does have to take responsibility for what's on their store. It's fixed now anyway so no one else will make the mistake.

But it's weird that it was posted right on amazon and messed up on the connect store.
It's going to be tough for them to police stuff like that. Things will get overlooked. Best thing to do is let them know if you see it.

It does happen though- recently Harlequin released one of their monthly bundles and all but Sony's store had the wrong books (last years) in the bundle.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote