Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 05:04 PM   #406
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
3.03 just arrived with some fixes....
I've been in contact with Seany on the Kindle Fire blank box issue. I know they are trying to fix it. Not sure if it's fixed not or yet. As slow as Amazon is with updating their apps It may be awhile before it shows up. Have to install the new version on Nexus 7 though.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #407
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've been in contact with Seany on the Kindle Fire blank box issue. I know they are trying to fix it. Not sure if it's fixed not or yet. As slow as Amazon is with updating their apps It may be awhile before it shows up. Have to install the new version on Nexus 7 though.
A couple of fixes/changes were on the margins & able to have long file names on the shelves.

I encountered a problem with "backup" of the 3.03 failing on a 3 android tablets; the Nexus 7 came thru in backup & send to fire hdx.

Not sure but the developer may have done something so that on lollipop will do the extract. Or the problem is es file explorer as esfe also got updated which is another subject area...
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #408
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
A couple of fixes/changes were on the margins & able to have long file names on the shelves.

I encountered a problem with "backup" of the 3.03 failing on a 3 android tablets; the Nexus 7 came thru in backup & send to fire hdx.

Not sure but the developer may have done something so that on lollipop will do the extract. Or the problem is es file explorer as esfe also got updated which is another subject area...
ES File Explorer can't send paid Play apps or back them up unless you using an old version of Android like Gingerbread.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 PM   #409
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ES File Explorer can't send paid Play apps or back them up unless you using an old version of Android like Gingerbread.
Yes it can, at least since I got it. My paid Mantano also got updated & at the same notification & that got backed up & sent to fire hdx. Also Moon Reader Pro 3.01 was backed up & sent to the fire hdx; even was able to do the update to 3.02 the same way.

I did read that Moon Reader was pulled from Google Play because of something Moon Reader didn't implement; couldn't be an id that stops an app from being backed up/extract.

I've backed-up TouchSquid Pro & sent it to the fire hdx as well as Aldiko Premium. The only paid app that couldn't be backed-up was the System Panel where even the apk extractor couldn't extract it. Oh, just sent the Manga Rock for use in the fire hdx.

I have kitkat on the tablets except for the Nexus 7 which has the lollipop; the Nook HD+ has a custom version of CM11 installed which is at the "latest" "M" version & rooted.

Something got changed &/or that ES File Explorer cannot send paid stuff from the Kindle store to an android or an app for kindle can't be sent to a non-kindle device? The only thing I have bought for the fire hdx are books as don't see any apps worthwhile at the kindle app store.

And, never had bought a tablet with anything older than Jelly Bean, unless it was the 1st version of the Nook ereader. I'm a newbie!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #410
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Secured Paid Google Apps have been block for backing up for a few years now on newer devices unless you are rooted? If you are rooted then you may be able to.

The latest version of Moon+ since v3 is not secured which is why you can back it up. The Developer is working hard at getting the app bugs worked out right now. You can even sideload the Google Play version without licensing issues on the Kindle Fire which you couldn't do in the past.

Seany uploaded the new version to see if the blank box is fixed on the Kindle Fire. I found more Blank Boxes that still need to be fix so I expect another update soon.

I currently have the Google Play version on my KF6 as I'm doing some testing for the developer. I normally use the Amazon version.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-07-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #411
crane3
Guru

Very interesting! The 2 tablets that are rooted wasn't able to backup Moon 3.03; the unrooted Tab Pro also failed to backup Moon 3.03; not rooted Nexus 7 backed up Moon 3.03 without problems & sent over to the fire for install; this is the same as "sideloading"(?).

I've tried to get the Amazon Moon Reader & have never been successful to get it as sometimes it is not listed or at one time it was just stated that Moon Reader was NOT compatible with my fire hdx 4th gen.

If Moon Reader is not "secured" then something else was blocking the backup on the devices that failed the backup. Could be the ES File Explorer block but then a version of apk extractor didn't work also. Will try another apk extractor to check.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #412
crane3
Guru

I just found an anomaly with ES File Explorer in that when I ported over the Hacker's Keyboard from the Nexus 7, I found the keyboard unusable in portrait mode with part of the keyboard missing on the right side; only a little part missing in landscape mode.

Now, using Google, I found the developer's webpage using "hacker's keyboard apk" & was able to download the apk from the site. Using ES File Explorer to get the apk, I was able to use ESFE to do the install instead. The Hacker's Keyboard is now working fine as it should! Same version of the apk!!!??? But then the ESFE is a later version as it got updated since trying Hacker's keyboard.

I'm thinking now that I should have tried "real" sideloading with Moon Reader Pro as in copying the apk to the flash driver & then to the fire hdx then install. Regardless, I am able to change fonts size using the Day 1 theme by Moon Reader Pro; in 3.02, the font size just flashed the screen but no font size change. Then I thought the font size change was limited to the "normal" default whatever.

BTW, I had encountered a blank page on Moon Reader pro 3.02; but just thought that there was a glitch as there was no text missing the next page; also what I was reading does have some illustrations within the ebook. Mantano would display the illustrations on a separate page like Aldiko (when on a lower rez tablet); Moon Reader Pro would display the illustrations as inline depending on the size of the illustrations; i.e.sometimes with text above & below the display as the way I like it!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #413
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

It sounds to me that your ES File Explorer may be corrupt. I would uninstall and reinstall. You can grab the latest from the developer's site for the Kindle Fire instead of using the App store or you can try to sideload the Google Play version but Developer version has a built in updater that needs no app store.

As for the blank boxes I am referring to see this post here that has a screenshot.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:24 AM   #414
Kussie
Kussie began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Hey Guys,

I'm currently in the process of picking a decent eBook app for my Android tablet, and basically been bouncing between Aldiko, Moon+ and Mantano. But one of the things i am finding frustrating is that i read a fair number of constantly updating books, that new chapters and sections get added to frequently, i'm having issues getting this to play well with the apps i mentioned earlier.

At the moment i download all my books through Calibre and sync them to the SD Card on my tablet since it's a wifi only tablet and i travel a bit so it lets me read on the go. However the exact issue is when one of my books get updated i can find an easy way to have any of those apps pick up the changed file and update my progress/chapter count on the bookshelves.

Does Moon+ support this at all, or is it possible to set it up? I know Mantano doesn't seem to support and haven't looked much at Aldiko yet.
Kussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #415
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kussie View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm currently in the process of picking a decent eBook app for my Android tablet, and basically been bouncing between Aldiko, Moon+ and Mantano. But one of the things i am finding frustrating is that i read a fair number of constantly updating books, that new chapters and sections get added to frequently, i'm having issues getting this to play well with the apps i mentioned earlier.

At the moment i download all my books through Calibre and sync them to the SD Card on my tablet since it's a wifi only tablet and i travel a bit so it lets me read on the go. However the exact issue is when one of my books get updated i can find an easy way to have any of those apps pick up the changed file and update my progress/chapter count on the bookshelves.

Does Moon+ support this at all, or is it possible to set it up? I know Mantano doesn't seem to support and haven't looked much at Aldiko yet.
No you would have to delete the old file then import the new one and it wont save your bookmarks or last page read. Apps just aren't made for this. Amazon Kindle is the only one I know that can but that's only with its own Serials not Calibre made.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-08-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:56 PM   #416
Kussie
Kussie began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
No you would have to delete the old file then import the new one and it wont save your bookmarks or last page read. Apps just aren't made for this. Amazon Kindle is the only one I know that can but that's only with its own Serials not Calibre made.
Damn that is a huge shame
Kussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #417
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
I've had problems getting Moon+ to recognize that I've deleted a book file. When I need to fix TOC or something like that it won't show the change so I figure it didn't get sent somehow. Then I open in another reader and the changes are there. I use dropbox to sync reading position - I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #418
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I've had problems getting Moon+ to recognize that I've deleted a book file. When I need to fix TOC or something like that it won't show the change so I figure it didn't get sent somehow. Then I open in another reader and the changes are there. I use dropbox to sync reading position - I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Never an issue here. What I do is select the book click delete then check delete file. I then back out of moon till it's close. Redownload the file and open moon which is set to auto import. Once it's finish I open the book and and go find the place I last read and the changes are there.

I've had Mantano give me fits though on recognizing changes before.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #419
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Never an issue here. What I do is select the book click delete then check delete file. I then back out of moon till it's close. Redownload the file and open moon which is set to auto import. Once it's finish I open the book and and go find the place I last read and the changes are there.

I've had Mantano give me fits though on recognizing changes before.
I don't back out of Moon+ - I'll have to try that next time. What do you mean by Moon is set to auto import?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #420
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I don't back out of Moon+ - I'll have to try that next time. What do you mean by Moon is set to auto import?
There is option to set it to auto import your books when you go My Shelves. Now it will also auto import your Dropbox books you are reading from device to device. It's awesome.