Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #346
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Ok, I'm trying to config moon to show the book's formatting more faithfully. I play around with the disable css options in miscellaneous. I try checking all the disable css and a few sub options in the menu. No discernible difference. I check all the options. No difference. I uncheck all options. No difference. Just what are these options supposed to do. Are they just placebos, like the close door button i n the elevator?
They only work on certain tags and styles. Books run through Calibre wont change with this option as Calibre has it's own way of doing things.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #347
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Ok, I'm trying to config moon to show the book's formatting more faithfully. I play around with the disable css options in miscellaneous. I try checking all the disable css and a few sub options in the menu. No discernible difference. I check all the options. No difference. I uncheck all options. No difference. Just what are these options supposed to do. Are they just placebos, like the close door button i n the elevator?
Barty, did you try enabling the publisher's formatting, as suggested here?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #348
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Barty, did you try enabling the publisher's formatting, as suggested here?
I know that feature. However when you turn that on, it switches to scrolling mode like one long web page and you have no control over font face.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #349
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Yes, the scrolling mode is part of publisher formatting that I don't like, either ...
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #350
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Sorry, but while I wholeheartedly agree with your comment that different people find enjoyment in different things, I cannot stand behind this one. There are those of us who - for whatever reason - didn't or don't want to convert all the different formats they have. I have all sorts of reading materials on my reader, from fiction and nonfiction books, academic articles to fanfiction. All are in valid formats, and I want them all to be accessible to me while I get around to converting them, if I ever do.

So no, "only ePub" doesn't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I'd call Marvin not just a "good" but a great ebook app, though still far from perfect.

I can see now that the TTS feature is listed in Marvin's public bug tracker / feature request collector:

https://github.com/kguil/Marvin-Roadmap/issues/84

So, one can only hope.

As to "only EPUB", that is exactly how it should be. I convert each and every e-book I have into EPUB -- the only proper e-book format for this day and age, in my opinion. All the other e-book formats are either obsolete or bloated (looking at you, Amazon).
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #351
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Can someone please tell me what has happened to Moon+? The past week or so I've been noticing some odd issues that I've never had before- books that I delete don't get removed from my shelves, and books that I add into Moon + (through the Net Library calibre setting) don't get added to my shelves.

Has some setting changed that I need to change back, or is this just my issue?
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #352
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes and nope you can't on the Nexus 7 you get Task failed every time. Google has blocked this and I don't why.
Pardon me for replying to something from January, but when I just googled

"task failed" "moon + reader Pro" "ES File Explorer"
this thread came up.

Is there a work around for this, does anyone know? I want to update the app on my Kindle Fire 2, but it supposedly isn't compatible (although I know for a fact it is), and I can't get the APK backed up via ES File Explorer on my Samsung Galaxy phone.

ETA: I was able to backup the APK with an older Android device in the house and install on the Fire. Guess it's good to keep these old devices around for this workaround!

Last edited by copyrite; 03-31-2014 at 05:47 AM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #353
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

I'm still having problems with books showing up for me in Moon +. I have several books that I brought in through the Net Library Calibre function. They are listed on the "recent reads" shelf that runs across the top, but they aren't on My Shelf- All Books, nor are they listed under the author's name.

When I try "import books" it drags books back in that I've either already read and removed from the app, or books that I've decided I don't want to read at the moment, which is also frustrating.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #354
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
I'm still having problems with books showing up for me in Moon +. I have several books that I brought in through the Net Library Calibre function. They are listed on the "recent reads" shelf that runs across the top, but they aren't on My Shelf- All Books, nor are they listed under the author's name.

When I try "import books" it drags books back in that I've either already read and removed from the app, or books that I've decided I don't want to read at the moment, which is also frustrating.
That's normal. Import books will import all books in the folders you set up. To remove a book for good you will need to either delete the file or move it to another folder that Moon isn't set to scan.

Books open with Calibre Companion will only show on the recent shelf but not My Shelf. Only imported books will show on My Shelf.

Calibre Companion uses Moon as a reader only. If you delete a book in Moon make sure to check the delete file box as well or it's just removes the book but doesn't delete it. If you delete in CC it removes the file from the device.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #355
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Pardon me for replying to something from January, but when I just googled

"task failed" "moon + reader Pro" "ES File Explorer"
this thread came up.

Is there a work around for this, does anyone know? I want to update the app on my Kindle Fire 2, but it supposedly isn't compatible (although I know for a fact it is), and I can't get the APK backed up via ES File Explorer on my Samsung Galaxy phone.

ETA: I was able to backup the APK with an older Android device in the house and install on the Fire. Guess it's good to keep these old devices around for this workaround!
This is the way I do it too. I have gingerbread on my SGPs and use them to backup apps.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #356
diremommy
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That's normal. Import books will import all books in the folders you set up. To remove a book for good you will need to either delete the file or move it to another folder that Moon isn't set to scan.

Books open with Calibre Companion will only show on the recent shelf but not My Shelf. Only imported books will show on My Shelf.

Calibre Companion uses Moon as a reader only. If you delete a book in Moon make sure to check the delete file box as well or it's just removes the book but doesn't delete it. If you delete in CC it removes the file from the device.
I don't even use Calibre Companion, I use the net library function within Moon + itself. It worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. I'd open the net library, connect to calibre (maybe that's not possible without calibre companion installed?) select the books, and before, they'd show up on the shelf under my books. I finally uninstalled Moon + tonight, restarted the tablet, then reinstalled, and it seems to be working the way it used to.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #357
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
I don't even use Calibre Companion, I use the net library function within Moon + itself. It worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. I'd open the net library, connect to calibre (maybe that's not possible without calibre companion installed?) select the books, and before, they'd show up on the shelf under my books. I finally uninstalled Moon + tonight, restarted the tablet, then reinstalled, and it seems to be working the way it used to.
Ah! I missed that part. Sounds to me that it was a bad upgrade. Happy to see you got it working.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #358
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Is there a way to get page numbers to show up on the status bar in Moon Reader? I noticed when you go into "book information" for a book you're currently reading, it always states how many pages a book has and what page you are currently on. Is there any way to get that info to always appear on the status bar?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #359
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Is there a way to get page numbers to show up on the status bar in Moon Reader? I noticed when you go into "book information" for a book you're currently reading, it always states how many pages a book has and what page you are currently on. Is there any way to get that info to always appear on the status bar?

No.
Despite numerous requests, the author has steadfastly ignored adding this feature.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #360
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
No.
Despite numerous requests, the author has steadfastly ignored adding this feature.
Boo. That stinks. It's the one thing I really wish Moon Reader had. Thanks for replying.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote