Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #301
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Anyone know if there's some setting I can use to prevent the ascenders on some letters, such as the g in stronghold in the screen cap, in the last row of text? It seems to happen inconsistently and I haven't figured out why it sometimes does this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-10-20-23-04.png
Views:	367
Size:	432.5 KB
ID:	117809  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #302
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Anyone know if there's some setting I can use to prevent the ascenders on some letters, such as the g in stronghold in the screen cap, in the last row of text? It seems to happen inconsistently and I haven't figured out why it sometimes does this.
What do you use for Line Spacing in Visual options? I prefer to use 0, but I suspect that may be what causes it so I use 1 sometimes until I can't stand too much space between the lines anymore. Then I change to 0 and the letters get cut off sometimes and I change it back to 1.... and round and round I go.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #303
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I use zero for line spacing.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #304
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I use zero for line spacing.
I think that's probably it then. I used to think it was paragraph spacing - when I decreased it it fixed the problem for a while. But any change in the position of the lines on the page will fix it in some spots.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 01-10-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #305
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I think that's probably it then. I used to think it was paragraph spacing - when I decreased it it fixed the problem for a while. But any change in the position of the lines on the page will fix it in some spots.
I went back to reading shortly after posting this and changed line spacing back to 0 and in a couple of pages the letters were cut off again.
Advert
Old 01-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #306
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Background Texture

Faterson,

The 3 like paper you want:

Name:	page0.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	117825

Name:	readbg_11.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	117826

Name:	readbg_12.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	117827
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #307
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Many, many thanks, Barba! I just love those paper textures in Moon+, especially the last "greasy" one.

As to the issue with cut-off lines at the bottom, it's been there ever since I started using Moon+ a couple of years ago. It's definitely related to paragraph spacing and/or line spacing. I'm a Beta-tester of the superb iOS e-reader, Marvin, and Marvin's developer has several times stated that making sure there are no cut-off lines at the top and bottom of the screen, is probably the no. 1 challenge, in terms of layout features, for any e-reader developer allowing users to customise paragraph spacing and/or line spacing. Marvin's developer nearly went insane a year ago, until he got it right. I think he spent 4 weeks just fixing those cut-off lines at the bottom of the screen. But, eventually he did get it right; there are no more cut-off lines in Marvin any longer. This is why crappy e-reader software like Kindle or iBooks does not allow you to customise formatting attributes like paragraph spacing -- because they would then need to tackle the "cut-off lines at bottom" issue, and they're too lazy to do so.

I've pretty much learned to accept the "cut-off lines" issue in Moon+ as a given. It occurs on every 5th or 6th screen of text for me, regardless of font used or book read or whatever paragraph spacing/line spacing preference might be selected.

I wish there was something like a public bug-tracker for Moon+, where we could record this as a long-standing Moon+ issue that should be fixed. I asked Moon's developer whether there is such a public bugtracker (compare Marvin's bugtracker), but I received no reply.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #308
dbareis
dbareis began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I'm not using this reader yet due to the bugs I've reported and the lack of fixes, most times I get no response to my emails. An issues/bug taking and voting site would probably change my mind.
dbareis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #309
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbareis View Post
I'm not using this reader yet due to the bugs I've reported and the lack of fixes, most times I get no response to my emails. An issues/bug taking and voting site would probably change my mind.
I think he fixes things but doesn't say what you just have to download the latest and check to see if it's fixed.

I am using the latest and I can say the the bug that broke the words up for no reason seems fixed in 2.3.3.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #310
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I had the most annoying problem with Moon+ Pro today! On my Nook HD. I wanted to turn the brightness down, and I accidentally turned it too low....so low in fact that the screen was COMPLETELY DARK. No amount of tapping could adjust it. No way to change it. I tried clearing the cache, the data, restarting the device, nothing. I was able to get out of the book back into the "recents" screen, with enough tapping, but I could not raise the brightness in the book. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Is there a solution to this that I did not discover?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #311
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I had the most annoying problem with Moon+ Pro today! On my Nook HD. I wanted to turn the brightness down, and I accidentally turned it too low....so low in fact that the screen was COMPLETELY DARK. No amount of tapping could adjust it. No way to change it. I tried clearing the cache, the data, restarting the device, nothing. I was able to get out of the book back into the "recents" screen, with enough tapping, but I could not raise the brightness in the book. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Is there a solution to this that I did not discover?
You can enable brightness swipe on the left edge so if it happens again you just just keep swiping up till you can see the book again.
Even at the lowest I can still see my screen it sounds like a device issue.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #312
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can enable brightness swipe on the left edge so if it happens again you just just keep swiping up till you can see the book again.
Even at the lowest I can still see my screen it sounds like a device issue.
Thank you....I hadn't tried that. I will definitely remember that. I just tested it, and the screen again went black, but the left swipe up restored it. Thank you!

It could be a Nook HD issue. I am curious if anything like that happens on your Fire HD. Although I know you don't read on it, much. I'll have to test it on my 2012 Fire HD later.

ETA...tested my Fire and the screen did not get completely black! So it is a Nook issue for sure. Strange! Luckily I had Mantano on the Nook, since I was out of the house at the time!

Last edited by booklover6; 01-22-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #313
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Thank you....I hadn't tried that. I will definitely remember that. I just tested it, and the screen again went black, but the left swipe up restored it. Thank you!

It could be a Nook HD issue. I am curious if anything like that happens on your Fire HD. Although I know you don't read on it, much. I'll have to test it on my 2012 Fire HD later.
Nope on both my tablets even at the lowest I can still see the text and menu.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #314
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks. Definitely a Nook HD issue. At least now I know what to do!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #315
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbareis View Post
I've allways had a reply from Shauny and pretty quick also. Furthermore, the bugs I reported were fixed in the next release! Nothing but my upmost respect for Shaun and Moon+ Pro
svda is offline   Reply With Quote