Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #46
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
It puts things in perspective. There were multiple options but the consumers chose the best 2 options, leaving the others in the dust. I think that more than 2 can emerge from the current options since people can afford to have multiple devices. The sale of PC's (generic use of the term, not only windows) has reached a plateau because most people are just buying to upgrade their system. The number of people buying their first PC would be offset by those that switch from PC to mobile.

You can also view it as a matter of evolution. The more variation, the higher the chance of survival.
My mind is a bit muddy on this, but about 1981, 82, either a Wing Commander or the XO (or maybe he was both at one time or another) brought his new (personal) IBM PC on board the carrier to play with. He was an engineering grad. I just knew him slightly, but I did see the machine which he put out for us to look at. It had two 8 inch floppy drives. No HD. We were all amazed. We were told that the Captain had an Apple Maybe a 2(a).
Later about 1987 I bought a Bentley Turbo AT(IBM) Desktop with a 30MB RLL HD. I remember spending an extra $100 to get the 30MB as opposed to the 20MB. I think the total was about $700 to $800.
I bought a Gateway IBM (W95) Desktop about 1995 or 1996. It had a 1.6GB HD.
I bought a Dell Desktop Tower about 1999. It had a 13.9GB HD. I upgraded that machine a bunch of times, every way it could be upgraded.
Another Dell, a Laptop about 2001 with a 30GB HD. I upgraded the memory.
And finally a 2010 Toshiba Laptop with a 640GB HD. About $600.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #47
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
There are a lot of great cooking apps...complete with videos....for the iPad.

Lee
Yeah, I've been looking at those.

There is one app that I LOVE right now: Pepperplate

It allows me to pull recipes from other websites as well as input my own. It has a shopping list that is both exportable and printable. AND it allows me to do daily and weekly meal planning. I heart this app.

But then I want to use it in the kitchen. And going back and forth with an iPhone while cooking...isn't too fun. I do have a netbook that I haven't tried yet. Maybe if I find a good stand...

Plus it'll allow me to keep up with my threads at the same time. :-) But no texting...
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #48
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
But then I want to use it in the kitchen. And going back and forth with an iPhone while cooking...isn't too fun. I do have a netbook that I haven't tried yet. Maybe if I find a good stand...
Maybe this work well for you? I think any tablet will fit too, in case you go Android or Playbook or Fire later on.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=557467
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #49
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
Maybe this work well for you? I think any tablet will fit too, in case you go Android or Playbook or Fire later on.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=557467
+1

That is freaking amazing!

Cause my husband has been giving me his serious NO looks re: the Sony. It's 24" and he says that's too big.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #50
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
That would be nice for TV watching on my iPad. At $39.99, it's kind of pricey, though.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #51
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That would be nice for TV watching on my iPad. At $39.99, it's kind of pricey, though.
Amazon has it for $25.82 - that means free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #52
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Cool! Just bought it!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-21-2012 at 04:41 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #53
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Please review later. Thank you.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #54
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
According to those that do not use them that is impossible.
And yet...it moves!

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote