Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Kindle offered on eBay!

And for a *mere* $499!!! But of course you're only guaranteed to be 'one of the first' to receive it...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
There was another one up that didn't sell. Of course the seller had 0 feedback and wanted $599 for it so I'm not entirely surprised. I think it's all a bit premature, anyway. It's not sold out that far in advance. Now if it gets to the point it's sold out until after Christmas, they may get some interest. Most people are not going to pay $100 extra to get it a few weeks earlier. It's not ubertrendy like the iPhone.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
sarahw2275
Connoisseur
sarahw2275 began at the beginning.

That's strange, I just had a look to see if there were any available, but couldn't find any!
Can you give me the link please?
sarahw2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw2275 View Post
That's strange, I just had a look to see if there were any available, but couldn't find any!
Can you give me the link please?
Here you go. But I wouldn't buy, as the price is too high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kindle-New-Wirel...QQcmdZViewItem

Derek
Old 11-26-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
datrop
datrop began at the beginning.

Device: axim
Just to save 5 seconds worth of page loading, someone took the bait.
datrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
"Brand new, in box. NOT refurbished. " <-- Like, there are already tons of refurbished units floating around.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrop View Post
Just to save 5 seconds worth of page loading, someone took the bait.
May they have a fun time waiting for their toy!

If and when I buy a Kindle, (Yes, I know I am a corporate officer of NAEB and committed to marketing Bookeen's Cybook.) I will buy it straight from Amazon. (Hopefully, the dollar won't have collapsed *too far* by then. )

Derek
Old 11-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The $499.00 Kindle on ebay actually sold. I am surprised.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The $499.00 Kindle on ebay actually sold. I am surprised.
When the Kindle kept selling out, I knew this would happen. The Kindle is the hot gift this Christmas season.

In all honesty, I didn't think the Kindle would sellout.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
datrop

Yikes. The bid is currently at $710, and it's still shy of the reserve price. What happened to rational spending?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270192210864
Old 11-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
bidder g***6 is a moron or a phony. his first bid was $500...when the previous high was $400. he then bid 650....when previous high was 600.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #12
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Ebay has many fakes and fake bids. I got $5,000 for a 2 year old Sony laptop. Too bad it was a fake.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #13
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Yikes! $810 and reserve not met. I wonder what the reserve is. I'm surprised it's this high even being sold out at Amazon.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
this is so phony...one idiot bid several times in a row....on several occasions!!! when she was already the highest bidder!!!
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #15
datrop

Separate $999 Buy It Now auctions... that were successful. Perhaps these are fake bids, perhaps not. Could this be the beginning? Despite what the media proclaims, our economy might not be heading down a gutter, yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-SEALED...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-SEALED...QQcmdZViewItem