Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Did you fill your eink reader?

Companies give you more and more storage on your eink readers. But, without including mp3s, just ebooks only, are people filling their devices already or keeping more than one thousand books on it?

Let us know if you passed the 1k limit on your Sony, Kindle, Nook or whatever your eink is?

It is difficult to validate responses, so I'm just asking for a bit of honesty here...

Also, for those who really have over of 1k ebooks, can also explain how is possible to identify or find a book in a quick way, on the device, of course, not externally ...

Last edited by jocampo; 05-24-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Correcting some typos
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I have 1710 books on my reader at the moment. I find the books by using the PRS+ firmware enhancement for the Sony and store my books in nested folders by genre, then by author. Or I can simply do a key-word search for title words or the author's name.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
I have more than 4,000 titles. A lot of them are short stories or technical reference works. I had this crazy idea that I could just put EVERYTHING on a NOOK (classic) since there certainly was the storage available especially after I added a memory card.

Unfortunately the NOOK (classic) starts choking at about 1950-2100 titles AND the methodology for seeking a title is pretty cumbersome unless you know the name well enough to search.

So I abandoned the "whole library in my hand" concept. I still use the NOOK and like it quite a bit but I had to lower my expectations quite a bit and start using Calibre a lot.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Just the 25K and, like ardeegee, use PRS+ nest by genre, by alphabet, sub-alphabet and author... works like a charm and not many key presses/taps to get to book and can now read direct off unscanned memory card rather than having to load into internal memory.

With PRS+ you can switch off auto-scan of card which is the big block to large numbers of books on memory cards or in internal memory... I regard my Sonys more as a portable library now and I never have to choose what I want to read in advance because everything's with me... just need another lifetime or two to read 'em all...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Not even close. I have a Kindle 3G. I think it has 4gb of internal memory. I typically keep three or four books for my lit classes, whatever series I am reading at the moment, and the first book of the next series that I am going to read on it. Altogether that's something like 10 or so books at any given time- maybe 10mb of material, plus however much space the Kindle software and screensavers take up. I don't expect to ever fill the thing. I keep my real library on my computer on Calibre- I only purchase books without DRM, so when I want something new I just log into my Calibre server and email it to my kindle free email address. <something>@free.kindle.com
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No where near 1k. I think I own about 300 ebooks all told, but I never keep more than 4 or 5 on my K2 at any given time.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
When I first got my Kindle I put everything on it then I found myself lost trying to remember what was on it. lol
I had a problem where my indexing got messed up and it had to reindex all 400 ebooks.

I now keep my library on my Dropbox and when I want to read something I use my android phone to download it then I gmail it to my Kindle from my phone. If I'm near my netbook, desktop I just email the ebooks to my Kindle.

I find this less hassle and battery then using the Kindle browser and going to Dropbox's website and downloading it directly.

I've set a limit to 50 books on my Kindle and if I lost interest in wanting to read the book a week or month later it's deleted off there to make room for more interesting ebooks.

On my older reader which is a Hanlin v5 clone it used a folder system so It had over 500 ebooks on it and I could find what I wanted with no problem. I bought a 8GB SD Card thinking I would use it up and even now it's not passed 300MB.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I'm sure that I could fill it, if I had a desire to do so.... I have ~200 ebooks on my Kindle, with plenty of space left. I have more than 1,000 ebooks in Calibre, and only load books onto my Kindle or Sony when either I purchase a book on Amazon, or have chosen one from my Calibre library.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nope.. Not even close to filling the available internal storage.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I have less than 300 books, and I'm being over optimistic about how many of them I will get to.

People with thousands of books on their ereader must spend an inordinate amount of time organizing, or scrolling.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
maybe 100?

I have maybe 100 ebooks on my reader? My ebook library has over 1,000. But too many ebooks on the reader just makes life confusing.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
raac
Zealot
raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950
I have about 270 on my PRS-950, which is all the books in my library. There're loads I haven't read yet and many are e-copies of books which I already own on paper and have read previously. Maybe I'll read them again some time, but it's nice to have them there should I choose to do so. Can't say I'm having any trouble finding what want. I use a small number of tags and those allow me to find things pretty quickly when I want them.
raac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:02 AM   #13
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
To say not even close would be a wild exaggeration. I guess I would not fill up even the father of eInk ebook readers, Sony PRS-500. I have ...I just checked. I guess 500 would be full 505 definitely not. 151 MB, 140 books.

Although, I am wrong. Some of the books are not on the reader because I haven't Russified it, so I have not uploaded 2 series in Russian. Thus I have only 124MB, 116 books.
6 years of reading? Taking into account my present health conditions, I am not sure I am going to live even that long
Yes, I would be able to fill up PRS-500 and one half of PRS-505. To be honest, I don't know how much space I have on PRS-650. I have not checked this feature when buying the reader.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:35 AM   #14
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I also keep my ebooks in Calibre. I tend to have maybe 50-60 books on it at any given time, max.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:41 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Not even close ! ....

The main limit is going to be the practicality of getting to the book you want !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote