Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
LDesjardin
LDesjardin began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Beginner Questions about calibre2opds index

I finally got the nerve to softroot my Nook and I've been playing with calibre and calibre2opds. Pardon if these questions are too elementary, but I've looked everywhere and can't find the answers to these questions.

I finally succeeded in producing catalogs of my books. I have the catalogs in My Documents folder on the Nook. To get to it, I have to go to the folder marked Calibre.library, then to _catalog and then to index. My question is, is there someway that that index file can appear as soon as I open the My Documents folder or do I have to dig for it every time. Is there a way to bookmark it?

Also, in the Nookdevs My Library, I like that both B&N books and other books are grouped together, but there are like a million tags in there that I didn't put into it and that don't show up in Calibre either. How do I get rid of the extraneous tags?

Last edited by LDesjardin; 04-04-2011 at 10:40 PM.
LDesjardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
if you are using a rooted nook are you using the Trook 1.4 software? If not you should use that to assess your carlbre2opds catalogue. If you are using trook and the catalogue is still not showing up rename the index.xml file to catalog.xml and see if that works (I needed to do that)
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
LDesjardin

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
LDesjardin

Thank you for the suggestion. I changed the file name to catalog.xml and that helps. However, I still have to go one more level after My Documents to get to the catalogs. I am in Trook 1.4 and the folders look like -- My Documents>Calibre>Main Catalog. I thought that the catalog would be visible from the My Documents folder. Not a huge deal, but the less digging I have to do the more I'll like it. Otherwise, I may just go back to using the shelves.

I've nearly given up trying to use tags in Nookdevs Library. It shows my tags in there, but there are about a million other tags I didn't put in there and won't use and make it more trouble than it's worth. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
LDesjardin

Okay, I finally saw the info in NookDevs Library about setting up the keywords Document. I did that and put it in the root folder of the nook. But it isn't working. I still see all the other tags (probably pulled from the B&N Books that are in there.)
Advert