Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, laptop, more
False Refuge: AWOL Crime Noir

My crime noir/adventure thriller False Refuge is out for Kindle, Smashwords, B&N and more including iBooks, Kobo and Sony:

In False Refuge, US Army reservist Alex Swenson has gone AWOL to avoid Iraq duty. He's fled to the Big Island of Hawaii, where he finds himself attracted to cute and wily Kanani, a crime-world survivor searching for a better life. Yet Alex's old army buddy, Jerry, is hot on Alex's trail.

A secretive island haven, Krieger Estates, was supposed to grant Alex a new life and identity, but soon Alex finds that the estates' amoral founders thrive on absolute power, lockstep obedience, and unjust violence. Fleeing's no option this time. Alex refuses to play along and it brings his new overseers' full wrath. To save Alex, Kanani and Jerry join forces with a hard-nosed plan that enlists even the rugged and unforgiving Big Island terrain itself.

"The descriptive details alone make this book a good read but it's balanced out with a great story line as well." — Juniper Grove

"A well-composed story with somewhat interesting characters and dramatic possibility amidst a lush setting." — LL Book Review

"'Fantastic read' ... I wanted to know what Alex was going to do." — Babs' Book Bistro

"A great story and it's told in a memorable way. At the very least, it'll make you think." — Chris Truscott, Amazon (US) review

False Refuge: Amazon Kindle | Amazon Kindle UK | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords

Thanks again and happy reading,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 05-26-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added website, price change
Steve Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi all,

Just wanted you to know I've lowered the price of False Refuge to $0.99 for a limited time.

Also, this novel has advanced into the next round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel contest, so I'm crossing all my fingers and toes.

I hope you'll give it a look along with my other book, Besserwisser: A Novel.

Another novel coming out soon, hopefully.

Cheers,
Steve
False Refuge: Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords
Besserwisser: A Novel: Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords
http://www.stephenfanderson.com
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Steve

Thanks for making your books available at Smashwords... I bought both of them.. They sound really good...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
Steve Anderson
Addict

Thanks Lene and good on ya! I hope you like them. I have a new book coming out soon, by the way.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #5
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi again,

I'm not sure why or how long it will last, but I wanted to let you know Amazon just discounted my novel False Refuge by 20% -- it's currently only $1.59. My comic novel Besserwisser: A Novel got the same discount. What a deal!

Happy reading,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 06-13-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: inserted links
Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
Steve Anderson
Addict

False Refuge | 50% off for Smashwords July Sale

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that my noir thriller False Refuge is 50% off for Smashwords' July Sale -- just use coupon code SWS50: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5712

One more week to grab this deal -- same goes for my other novels, The Losing Role and Besserwisser: A Novel.

Thanks!

Happy reading,
Steve
Old 08-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi again,

I wanted to let you know that Amazon has discounted False Refuge and my other novels to $2.39.

I'm not sure how long this will last, so have at em: http://tinyurl.com/283424f

Thanks!
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 03-14-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a nice reader review on Amazon for my novel False Refuge:

A great story that someone needed to tell, January 7, 2011
By Chris Truscott

This is the third Steve Anderson novel I've read over the past six weeks or so--and it's the best.

Anderson does an amazing job telling a tough story about a 1991 Persian Gulf War veteran who'd rather go AWOL than deploy to Iraq for the continuation of that conflict more than a dozen years later.

In addition to vivid descriptions of Hawaii and his trademark character development, Anderson also articulates a point of view on the current Iraq War that got little airing during the 2002 war debate and the subsequent press coverage of the 2003 invasion.

Even if you don't agree with the political points of view expressed, False Refuge is a great story and it's told in a memorable way. At the very least, it'll make you think--and that's not a bad thing.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RXOX1VP...tag=&linkCode=

I don't often promote this book, but I thought this review summarized what it's about well, and I appreciated the reader got what I was going for. I hope you'll give it a look.

Happy reading,
Steve
Old 03-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #9
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi all. False Refuge is now 99 cents / 71p:

Amazon Kindle US | Amazon Kindle UK | Smashwords

In False Refuge, US Army reservist Alex Swenson goes AWOL in Hawaii, only to find he must fight and escape from the very same secretive, corrupt organization that had promised to harbor him and give him a new life.

Have at it!

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 05-26-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
Steve Anderson
Addict

My crime noir thriller False Refuge gets featured over at The Frugal eReader as a cheap find:

http://thefrugalereader.com/2011/04/...-anderson-0-99

It's currently only 99 cents / 71p.

Thanks!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #11
Steve Anderson
Addict

Some updates from the past week for my crime noir thriller:

Babs World of Book Reviews had an interview along with a review:

http://babs-worldofbooks.blogspot.co...-giveaway.html

IndieBooks Blog featured it along with a mini interview:

http://indiebooksblog.blogspot.com/2...-anderson.html

And Spalding's Racket had it:

http://spaldings-racket.blogspot.com...-thriller.html

Also, it's currently only 99 cents / 71p.

This book is making a comeback!

Thanks and happy reading,
Steve

Old 05-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Steve Anderson
Addict

My AWOL crime noir novel False Refuge got a nice review from the Juniper Grove review blog. The upshot:

"The descriptive details alone make this book a good read but it's balanced out with a great story line as well."
— Juniper Grove

Here's the link: http://junipergrove.wordpress.com/20...-false-refuge/

And it's currently only 99 cents / 71p.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 05-26-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Tags
awol, crime, hawaii, noir, thriller