Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Xtremegene
Connoisseur
Xtremegene began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 --- Nokia n800
Borders & Sony Reader launch Sept. 29th?

As I was very much hoping to demo the Reader itself before buying it, I called up a local Border's to see what information they had on the Sony Reader.

Good (or amazing!) news: the person I spoke with said that the Reader was in their system and was set to go on sale on Sept. 29th! This also seems to fit in with the shipping dates for those who have already ordered it online through SonyStyle. Borders also has the covers and cradles listed at the same prices as those online.

<--- That is me right now...and I have a test to take tomorrow.
Xtremegene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I just called the Sony Store by Pentagon City and they said it would be on sale there on Oct 1st. Screw buying this online
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegene
As I was very much hoping to demo the Reader itself before buying it....
I suppose you could order it, and if you decide you don't want it after all, sell it to one of our poor, benighted non-U.S. bretheren.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I have a 10% off personal shopping day at Borders. I wonder if I can use it on the Sony Reader? I would love to play with it at home and then sell it.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
I was told by Sony that they where not going to show up at Borders for a few weeks. I was also told by Borders that they had 7 on order but there was no date telling them when to expect to have them in stock. I even had to explain what the Sony Reader was to the sales person I got on the phone. We'll see what happens.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 10:01 PM   #6
Otter
Connoisseur
Otter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, ipod Touch, ipad 2, NC, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan
I just called the Sony Store by Pentagon City and they said it would be on sale there on Oct 1st. Screw buying this online
I hope your guy was right. When I called the Pentagon store today they said it wouldn't be there until 10/28-ish
The guy didn't sound super knowledgable tho...here's hoping!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote