Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Reading List Plugin

Hi

How do I get Calibre Companion to work with the Reading List plugin.

I've tried connecting "wirelessly" with the tab (works fine) but it doesn't pick up my Reading list synchronization, like it does when I connect via usb.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
How do I get Calibre Companion to work with the Reading List plugin.

I've tried connecting "wirelessly" with the tab (works fine) but it doesn't pick up my Reading list synchronization, like it does when I connect via usb.
At the moment I am not in a position to actually connect to calibre, but there is nothing special you have to do to get the Reading List (or any calibre) plugin to work with CC. If you connect your device to calibre via CC using the Connect as wireless device then the reading list plugin should work exactly the same as if you connect your device via USB.

The Reading List plugin allows you to customize the plugin per device. If it works when connected via USB but not CC my guess is that you have setup your device in the Reading List plugin when you were connected via USB. Next time you connect wirelessly, customize the Reading List, go to the Device tab and Add the connected device.

Since each connection method uses a different Device plugin within calibre, I'm guessing that your device is seen as different devices depending on how you are connected. Once you add the wireless connection you should be able to figure it out from there.

I hope my guesses help.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-01-2014 at 07:58 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 03:25 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
DoctorOhh's guesses are spot on.

BTW: connecting both using USB and CC wireless device can lead to difficulties. They don't use the same book storage and there is no cross-population of the on-device databases. CC will not see books sent by USB.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:57 AM   #4
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
It did help.

Thanks. Also, it could be cool if CC could count how many times you had read a book. And the ability to sync that with Calibre.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One gotcha to watch for is the Wireless Device "id" changing somehow. I knew I had originally added my Nexus via CC as a destination device in the Reading List plugin, and had made an auto-connect list associated with it.

Seeing this thread made my try it out again, and no books came over when I connected.

Checking with the RL configuration screen with the CC connection active, I saw that the a different wireless device was shown as active, and not the Nexus associated with the list.

Dropping the old wireless device, and associating the new one with the list solved my issue.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
One gotcha to watch for is the Wireless Device "id" changing somehow. I knew I had originally added my Nexus via CC as a destination device in the Reading List plugin, and had made an auto-connect list associated with it.
The device ID CC uses will change if you uninstall CC or clear its memory.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote