Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
jungelbobo
jungelbobo began at the beginning.

Does your PW text gets lighter after a period of time?

I first picked up my PW in Jan.
Recently, i found that the text looked a lot whiter, when compared to what the PW looked in the first place, and it almost gives me difficulties reading them, Not just whiter, but you can see the text isn't filled by the "ink" properly and has some area isn't quite filled up. (looks like a bad photocopy)

And the temperature bug makes the problem worse (Not refreshing gives me brighter text somehow), and i have so much difficulty of reading the text and i have to leave it until the temperature bug is gone, not refreshing the screen every page, and continue reading.

Who else encounter this problem?
jungelbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
leo_CR
leo_CR began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
I don't have a paperwhite myself, buy my touch also looks fadder sometimes, and I have to come to think it's due to temperature. It's not related to "aging", although, because it's not always the same, and the problem has appeared sine I have it (something that never happened to my prs t1, by the way...)
leo_CR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungelbobo View Post
I first picked up my PW in Jan.
Recently, i found that the text looked a lot whiter, when compared to what the PW looked in the first place, and it almost gives me difficulties reading them, Not just whiter, but you can see the text isn't filled by the "ink" properly and has some area isn't quite filled up. (looks like a bad photocopy)

And the temperature bug makes the problem worse (Not refreshing gives me brighter text somehow), and i have so much difficulty of reading the text and i have to leave it until the temperature bug is gone, not refreshing the screen every page, and continue reading.

Who else encounter this problem?
Does not really sound normal. I have owned multiple ereaders and used all extensively and never had any fading over time. I had a SONY once that did that when exposed to sunlight, but SONY replaced it - and the replacement had no problems.

Now, temperature does affect things - especially cold weather seems to create refresh problems with my PW. But those problems are always temporary for me.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungelbobo View Post
(looks like a bad photocopy)
Sounds like an antialiasing problem to me. I have tried a PW (older) model which was on display in a store and noticed this for the area where one of the menu closes.

You need to activate the feature (don't know what it's called) that refreshes at every page.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You're well within your warranty period. Have Amazon replace it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert