Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #376
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Books don't actually "enter" collections. rather they have the label of also belonging to that collection of books have the label "Whatever". IIRC

So this is a calibre import-export question really. Looks like the tags are getting mushed together. I have never used this for/with Calibre export but recall something about either custom fields being missing, or being needed to be setup. Sorry that is all I can dredge. I'm not even 100% about that...

I recall Niluje and Ixtab chatting about this (or a very similar) subject a while ago, perhaps they will have something actually helpful to add.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #377
dirgeon
dirgeon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Books don't actually "enter" collections. rather they have the label of also belonging to that collection of books have the label "Whatever". IIRC

So this is a calibre import-export question really.
Ah, ookayyy hehe...

Yeah, it might be on the calibre plugin side, since running "Preview collections" does show something like:

Code:
Collections saved to the Kindle:

Collection               Managed By  Books  Change
    ----------               ----------  -----  ------
    0n Deck                  Calibre     2      Replaced (from column Collection)
    0n Deck,Honor Harrington      Calibre     1      Created (from column Collection)
Hmmm.
dirgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #378
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I could be utterly wrong. but wasn't there a calibre plugin done for this? again I never used it, not even once but I could swear others were chatting about it.

EDIT: Doesn't this pertain to your issue:

Notes on Calibre Synchronization:
Quote:
The Export function exports all collections which contain at least one "normal" item. However, it does not export the collection hierarchy (because Calibre does not support that).

Calibre Synchronization will never change the collection hierarchy, or the visibility of existing items. This applies to both import and export.
As in "No" it doesn't? Perhaps I am not reading that correctly.

Last edited by twobob; 01-21-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #379
dirgeon

Never mind. Posted too soon, sorry.

"Edit Kindle collections manually" in the calibre plugin does what I want. I was editing my custom Collection column and recreating collections on the Kindle.

(hides Collection column)
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #380
twobob

ah sorted
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #381
dirgeon

Thumbs up Loving this!

Errr. Multiple collections work in the plugin. I thought I chose the comma-separated text type for the collections column, but when I (eventually) checked it, it was just a regular text column.

I think I'm getting the hang of all this, though... I now have a workflow (using Collections, Goodreads, Reading List, and Manage Series) that ends with book titles like
  • [A01] Bellisaurus 05 - The Tide of Victory
  • [A02] Aldenata 02 - Gust Front
  • [A03] A Logic Named Joe
  • [B01] Ring of Fire 04 - 1634: The Bavarian Crisis
  • [B02] Ring of Fire 05 - 1634: The Galileo Affair

in my "To Read" collection.

Thanks guys! Now where's that Paypal button..?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #382
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirgeon View Post
Thanks guys! Now where's that Paypal button..?
UPDATED AS PER THE BELOW MESSAGE

http://www.laosliteracyproject.org/

Last edited by twobob; 01-23-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #383
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@dirgeon, twobob: thanks, guys!

But if you can, please donate to http://www.laosliteracyproject.org/ directly.

All the donations that I receive will go to that project anyway - but if you donate directly, Paypal will only profit once (instead of twice), and more money will arrive where it's really needed.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #384
twobob

hey. we are happy to support you. in what little way we can.

Thanks man.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #385
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FYI: I just sent another $80 to the Laos Literacy Project, all of which were gathered from your donations. In total, that's more than $250 - for a really good and worthy cause. Thank you all!

Last edited by ixtab; 01-23-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #386
twobob

1 USD = 7,942.77 LAK

250 Dollar = 1985692.5 Lak.

nice one.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #387
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I only just got my PW and I was wondering whether I was going to bother with jailbreak for this one. I did it for my Kindle Keyboard and only actually bothered to use the screensaver hack.

But this looks like a pretty good reason to jailbreak.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #388
jeklo
jeklo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Jailbreak problem

I really need help. I simply cannot push that button for 2 seconds. It does not detect my touch.
jeklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #389
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeklo View Post
I really need help. I simply cannot push that button for 2 seconds. It does not detect my touch.
First: why did you post this here, instead of the jailbreak thread?
Second: check that your firmware is 5.2.0, 5.3.0, or 5.3.1 (Settings - Device Info). If it's newer, downgrade. That is all documented in the jailbreak thread.

If you keep having problems, please ask in the correct thread.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #390
jeklo
jeklo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Ok I finally installed jailbreak. Now I keep getting message Kindlet jailbreak required. But i installed it. Why does not recognise it. What did i do wrong. I admit i am stupid. Please help me.
jeklo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks