Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
illiterate
illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Touch (since Sept 2011)
Firmware 1.9.12 is on the server... [see post #13 by Kobo before downloading]

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ade-1.9.12.zip

Anyone tried it yet? I am not brave enough to be genuine pig

UPDATE:
According to SameerH, this is just a beta, please see post#13

Last edited by illiterate; 10-13-2011 at 02:33 PM.
illiterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
I have and it fixed the issue with the network via the wifi. I only got the message last Sunday but it got rid of the issue or at least the message

Edit is that the beta or the full version
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
actiss
actiss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just updated it (but yet to try it out).

Here's the What's New! box:
  • Make notes within a book while you read *
  • Browse and edit your notes with the Annotations list *
  • Customize how you tap on the screen to turn (including left-handed)
  • Full German dictionary now included
  • Faster highlighting within books *

* Apparently still not for side-loaded books though.

Last edited by actiss; 10-12-2011 at 08:31 PM.
actiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
*Laughs*.. considering that the KT becomes unable to save any new highlights or Notes, for that matter once 1.9.12 is installed... I think this one barely qualifies as alpha. (My highlights from previous firmware are still available, but nothing new gets saved.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Edit: That's what I get for sideloading updates ahead of the crowd, and fairly so. I only mention it to make sure it gets noticed before this updates gets pushed to the poor folks actually using sync.
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterate View Post
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ade-1.9.12.zip

Anyone tried it yet? I am not brave enough to be genuine pig
I think you mean Guinea pig not genuine.

I didn't even know that people out of the Beta group where able to download it.

Last edited by The Terminator; 10-12-2011 at 09:04 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post

I didn't even know that people out of the Beta group where able to download it.
I would say that until it is pushed via an update then it is still in beta.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
illiterate
illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Touch (since Sept 2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Thanks Terminator, you got that right. I wanted to say Guinea pig. I am "illiterate" so I guess that is not a surprise
illiterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
But usually only the beta group has access to the file.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
How do I go about putting that update from the first post on my KT?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
you should search for the invite to the beta group on this site from mat clement and then send him a PM asking to be invited to the beta group. On the group you get instructions on how to install the files to your kobo.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #12
rashkae
Wizard

At the risk of repeating myself (still waiting for that sticky, hint hint)

Unzip the file. Copy the contents to the .kobo directory on your Kobo. Eject/Unmount, unplug Kobo.

If those steps aren't clear, it might be best if you simply wait for the final update to be pushed to you.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #13
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Please do not install this build, it is not official/final, the URL should not be live. If you install this build you will not be able to get the actual build once we release it since our system will think you have the latest 'version'.

We should have the release to you soon enough.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #14
rashkae
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Please do not install this build, it is not official/final, the URL should not be live. If you install this build you will not be able to get the actual build once we release it since our system will think you have the latest 'version'.

We should have the release to you soon enough.
You take all the fun and adventure out of it
Old 10-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
You take all the fun and adventure out of it
I do what I can
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote