Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #31
anonimo200
Enthusiast
anonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG
I did changed the codes.
It seems that when I press a key the "key" file is created in /tmp but it's always empty so probably that's why the script doesn't work (I'm guessing, I've no idea...)
By the way. In order to run the script I've to delete every lines in pageturn but

#!/bin/sh
echo $$ > /tmp/pageturn.pid
_FUNCTIONS=/etc/rc.d/functions
[ -f ${_FUNCTIONS} ] && . ${_FUNCTIONS}
while true; do
{
waitforkey > /tmp/key
case "$(cat /tmp/key)" in
"14 1")
next_page;;
"28 1")
prev_page;;
esac
}
done

If not, the key file is not created (nor pageturn.pid) When it runs, there are two pageturn.pid and a key file (empty) in tmp...
Thank you two

Edit: I run waitforkey in myts and ended rebooting the kindle (didn't know how to exit...)

Last edited by anonimo200; 10-06-2012 at 04:55 AM.
anonimo200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
These PMs are relevant to this discussion, so I am reposting them publicly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimo200
Good morning geekmaster. In the past I was unable to enter debug mode in the kindle's command line and you explained me that I had to use `instead of ' and it worked. Now I've a replacement kindle and any of them work, I've to use ;debugOn and then `help to show the private shortcuts. I'm having problems with myts and pageturn because of the keymaps (I think), and I'm unable to run waitforkey (with ; or `nothing happens). How can I know my kindle keymap? and why debug mode works now with ; and not with `? Should I reset to factory? Software version is the same, 2.5.8
Thank you once again for your help and regards
The "waitforkey" command is a linux command that you type at an SSH prompt at the linux command line in the kindle. It is not a searchbar shortcut command. You need to install USBnetwork from NiLuJe.
Quote:
Quote:
Strange. I run waitforkey in ssh and press kindle's keys. Home returns 98 when 102 is expected, and Back 91 instead of 158...
Okay, you have waitforkey running.

The keycode number might depend on your firmware versions (2.x or 3.x) because keycodes are logical values assigned in firmware and the 3.x firmware was designed for a K3.

Whatever codes you see from waitforkey are what you need to use to read that key in a script or program.
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, please, forget all about that... probably I run debug mode with ;debugOn and had problems running `help, it's a long time since I didn't enter debug mode...
I'll post in pageturn topic and try to solve it :-)
geekmaster, thanks for all your help and sorry for bothering you with noob's nonsenses
What are you trying to do in the search bar shortcuts? Just like keycodes, the shortcut commands depend on firmware versions, and 3.x firmware will use the same commands whether on a DXG or a K3.

2.x firmware uses backtab '`' and 3.x firmware uses tilde '~'. So, `help is for 2.x on a DXG, and ~help is for 3.x on a K3 or a DXG. As far as I know, because I have not tested it...
Now others who wish to give advice have the same information that I have.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #33
anonimo200
Enthusiast
anonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it is

Thank you geekmaster. Sumarizing: I'm trying to make pageturn work so tried "waitforkey" in the kindle's search bar (missundertood you) Then, when trying to access debug mode, I was unable with `debugOn but could enter with ;debugOn (separate question...) In fact it's a long time since I don't use debugOn so probably it has worked always with ;debugOn not `debugOn and I used ` to run commands. Ok, all this is a different vortex I got into so let's forget it :-)

Once I was able to run waitforkey using ssh, the key codes I got were not the same you can see in myts (althought they are the same as launchpad) so I spent some more time trying to guess what happened. In the end I remembered I'd to add something else to myts' keydefs.ini to make DXG work. Second vortex. Survived too...

Present situation: pageturn doesn't yet work; it creates "key" (empty) file in /tmp when pressing the mapped key but does nothing.

I'm sorry for disturbing you, they all are problems related with my absolute and deep ignorance... I hope you (and the rest of the members) will forgive me for being so a pain in the ***

Regads and "Long live and prosperity"
Old 10-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #34
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The ` to ~ switch since FW 3.x only applies to *private* commands. Public commands (debugOn being one of those, as is help, IIRC) always use ;
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #35
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The ` to ~ switch since FW 3.x only applies to *private* commands. Public commands (debugOn being one of those, as is help, IIRC) always use ;
Ahh, so my example used the wrong command. Thanks for correcting that.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #36
anonimo200
Enthusiast

Ok, I keep on trying... this time I "sshed", copied the script and pasted it. The system waits for the key press and it it's any of the two which codes I used in the script it says "next_page not found" or "prev_page" not found:

-sh: next_page: not found
-sh: next_page: not found
-sh: prev_page: not found
-sh: prev_page: not found

Any help anyone?
Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #37
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
looks like it is trying to launch the app "next_page" did you mean next_page() or something
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #38
anonimo200
Enthusiast

I'm just pasting the content of pageturn file:

echo $$ > /tmp/pageturn.pid
_FUNCTIONS=/etc/rc.d/functions
[ -f ${_FUNCTIONS} ] && . ${_FUNCTIONS}
#big loop
while true; do
{
#write input to temporary file
waitforkey > /tmp/key
#read which key was pressed
case "$(cat /tmp/key)" in
"46 1")
next_page;;
"28 1")
prev_page;;
esac
}
done

Thank you twobob
Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well. from my reading of that.

I suggest you test the actual "Turn the page" function works without all the wrapping. (on the DX)

once you have that syntax working (Turn page from command line) then you have the rest of the script.

it's precompiled

Last edited by twobob; 10-17-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #40
anonimo200
Enthusiast

Ok, how can I do that? I enter by ssh, try "next_page" and gives me an error (I don't remember exactly what it says...)
Old 10-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #41
twobob

it says the same error. I will bet. the "scripting to keys" bit is secondary.

you need to find out how the "Page Turn" invocation works. *ah cripes* I'll read the top post BRB...

EDIT: Hmm, it's precompiled. guess I would have to test it on a DX.

strace -fF -o /mnt/us/Documents/straceOutput.txt /mnt/us/pageturn/pageturn
via ssh

and then do some stuff.

then read the output? might not hurt. assuming you have a strace for your DX...
Other than that I am out of ideas. could be that the implementation on the DX is slightly different enough to make it not work.

I would have to check. apologies can't help further right now. I don't see any obvious errors. DPavlin posted some DX keycodes but they wont fix a non-working app.

Are there any DX success reports with this app?

Last edited by twobob; 10-17-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #42
anonimo200
Enthusiast

... I'm completely lost... Tell where do I have to start reading and I'll, I promise.
Thank you again twobob. I'm afraid I can't give you karma before giving to someone else...
Old 10-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #43
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimo200 View Post
... I'm completely lost... Tell where do I have to start reading and I'll, I promise.
Thank you again twobob. I'm afraid I can't give you karma before giving to someone else...
Honestly. I would try to find someone with a DX. and ask them to check your findings.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
anonimo200
Enthusiast

Thank you twobob. I really apreciate your help.

http://www.kewego.es/video/iLyROoafzo3K.html

:-)
Old 10-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #45
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimo200 View Post
Thank you twobob. I really apreciate your help.

http://www.kewego.es/video/iLyROoafzo3K.html

:-)
10/10 , got my vote.

I DO have a DX but not here right now.

I could test this if you can wait a bit.

Anything for a fellow musician